Security for small bussines in Budapest

I might open a branch of our little business running back home in Belgium but have serious concerns about security in Budapest. Can anyone tell me how is Budapest when it comes to security especially for operating pubs and night clubs there.

Cheers !

Looks like my 6th sense was right, nobody have guts even to anonymously right about it.

Can anyone tell me how is Budapest when it comes to security especially for operating pubs and night clubs there.

Not many of us operate there those things:D
TBH I would be more afraid about bureocracy , regulations, than anything else.....

Parachuter wrote:

I might open a branch of our little business running back home in Belgium but have serious concerns about security in Budapest.

As already stated by another, I doubt there are many members here who run a pub or nightclub who can answer your question directly for this type of busienss, but someone may turn up.

But overall, from the little available in the way of easily accessible public statistics, it appears to be safer in Hungary than in Belgium. For example, recent published data shows the homicide rate per capita is lower in Hungary than in Belgium:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c … By_country

And this is pretty old data, but also shows Belgium had more violent crimes, overall, then Hungary in 2002 at least:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_t … tal-crimes

I am not a small bussiness owner as well, but do love to go to cafés (is your "little business running back home in Belgium" something along these lines?) and at least in my neighbourhood at Pozsonyi Út,distr. XIII, I do not think security is a concern. It is a somewhat upscale neighbourhood though with cafés, bio-shop, a chocolatier and such.

I have been living here on and off for my life (30+yrs) and sometimes chat with the shop owners a little, they have not mentioned to me that there are ukrainaian biker gangs collecting protection money (also they mustve been very silent bikes in that case).

but no need for that anyway. Suggestion for the new simplified tax form: "how much money did you make this year? Mail it in."

Opening something in, say, Szabolcs utca, would be an interesting try though... ;)

Anyway, I've collected some information here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=232081

ps. I am totally not forced to write this favourable review by my good friend from Ukraine who is not holding his horrible belgian chocolatier-knife at an utterly unpleasant place, my... chocolate!
He wants me to explicitely mention this, just in case you were wondering.

Whereas you have the guts to whine for not getting an immediate answer on a weekend for free.

I don't think the security requirements of night clubs could differ much across borders: you need to keep the sex slaves from escaping, and force the perverts to pay thousands of dollars for a few drinks. Why would you need additional manpower on top of that to deal with theft or other security concerns?

hey everyone ,i live in Budapest and i studied architecture ,now i am looking for student job,part time.
i speak in English,i need a job in English.

Why dont you come and talk to a few pub and nightclub owners?
What sort of facilities do you have in mind, anyway?