British Degree Attestation for wife's sponsership???

Hi EB members,

I require some guidance please, today I went to my hr office at work to file for my wife's sponsorship visa thingy...(the yellow letter).

They checked through my paperwork and noticed on my original degrees non of them have a Saudi attestation stamp. I informed the that my visa agent in the UK got the Arabic copies attested and uploaded them to the MOFA website saying I would not need them.

They are now telling me to send my original degrees back to UK to get them attested on the backside of the original documents ???? 

do I really need to do this??? is there anyway I get it done from the british embassy in riyad do I need to get them to do an Arabic transalation first if so where do I get this done from?

thanks

No, absolutely not. There is no reason why they should stamp your original diploma, nor should they be allowed to do this. The nerve!

However, they probably want to have the copies attested. Check with your Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM) on how to get this done. They will most likely send you an email attachment on which is listed twelve (yes, twelve) different things you need to do to get your degree stamped. It takes 2-4 weeks to get everything together and get the stamping done, but it is actually quite doable and more reasonable than what they used to require.

I'm speaking from experience as a US citizen and was told by my recruiter that the UK people are doing something similar. However, I could be wrong, so you should contact the SACM in the UK and double-check.

(I don't know what you'd do about the translation part, sorry.)

hi,

have a look here

go on the saudi embassy uk website: then

Home > About Diplomatic Mission > Consulates > Consulates Services > Requirements for legalization :

you will read:

2.    Educational certificates should be stamped by the Saudi Arabian cultural office before it has been legalized by our department.

Saudi Arabian Cultural Office:
630 Cheswick High Road
London W4 5RY.
Tell: (0044)02032497000

------
ask them the list of documents required to get the copy of your certificate stamped, then when they've done it, if you're doing everything yourself you need to get it stamped by the saudi consulate (as mentioned above:"before it has been legalized by our department"), but if you're submitting your doc to an agency they will do it for you

also to stamp your degree by the consulate you will need to pay a fee through the "enjazit . com .sa " website, the consulate will request the receipt of your payment:

click "English" then click "Individuals" then "Other" then "Electronic Service Application" then fill in then "submit" then "pay" then print for receipt

(Procedure type: Document Ratification
Subject: legalisation of University degree)