Bar, restaurant, guest house ? small business

hello...i would like to ask you a question about business in zambia. I'm french and my wife is south african. Since now several months, we want expatriate us. In the first time, we had thought Cambodia to create a Bar and guest house. But it seems it has already to many business like that in this place and the concurrency is very hard. Then i fall on news articles on internet talking about Zambia. I never been in this place who however always attracted me. I think seriously to spend some time there in this country, for tourist reasons in first.

My question is...do you think with 15000-20000 euros, it's possible to open a business (bar/restaurant or guest house...mostly for backpackers) in Zambia or i'm far from the reality on this country ? Not especially or automatically in one of the big town but close from a wild life national park for exemple ?

thanks

Am very sure that kind of business can do well in this country.

Zambia provides a very good opportunity for you. You can actually buy some virgin land and build up a safari Lodge. It does not necessarily have to be in Towns like Lusaka but you might target areas near tourist spots like falls, rivers and game reserves.
A new mining town is growing called Solwezi and it will be a very good idea to set up in this town. I actually own some land in this area.
[Moderated: pls send personal details via a pm]

Yes you can come and establish your business very well without any intimidation

Hello Stembridgechilumba,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for your input here but this thread has been inactive since 2013.

I suggest you browse the Zambia forum to see if you can assist other members on the latest threads.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team