Looking for expats in Parana, Santa Caterina, Cascavel or Curitiba

I'm just curious, I am moving to Parana and I have family down there already.  Whenever I read about Brazil the information comes mostly from states North of Parana like Rio and Sao paulo.  Very rarely do I find people from the south such as Santa Caterina, or Parana, or the famous city Curitiba.  I have been told this is because the living standards are higher there and country has a more European attitude so there is less negative things to say about it and less Americans live there.  My husband says his state and city are not like other famous Brazilian cities with bad reputations. I'm not saying its not the same country but different regions of a country can be substantially different is not even totally different.  I know here in the US that is true.  So its hard for me to get an accurate perspective on the area I'm moving to.  Any Brazilians below Sao Paulo state on here?

this might be a little late but i m in florianopolis,  in SC and its a very nice place. Less english speaking ppl and more of a beach town.

Hi Skarrlette, just wondering, are you still in Parana? I am asking for a Brazilian friend who lives in Toledo. She is looking for english conversation tutoring and I said I would search to see if I could find any english speakers around there.

Thanks! Lauren.

Hi laurenthompson2611,

Is your friend already a member on Expat.com?

Could you tell us more if he/she looking for an exchange language or a language class?

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hi, I have recently joined.  I'm from the U.K. and have been living in Curitiba since 2014.  I am looking for Engish conversation, expat friends or meet up in the Curitiba area.  Anybody out there in this area?