Live music entertainment

Hi,
My husband and I are a "baby boomer"duo.  I'm just curious, with all of the expats in Ecuador, is there a need for someone to perform the music we all grew up listening to in the social clubs, nightclubs, etc.? We performed in Spain for the Brits and on up to Scotland and it's the mature crowd that loves our music.  We do late 50's up to now.  Just wanting some feedback.  I lived in Spain for 5 years and know that there is a better quality and simpler life than I'm living now, back in the U.S.  Thanks so much and looking forward to your feedback.  If you want to check out our original music you can visit newrainmusic.com .    and please read our "cover song" list to see what we perform live. 
Jane Morris

jainerain wrote:

Hi,
My husband and I are a "baby boomer"duo.  I'm just curious, with all of the expats in Ecuador, is there a need for someone to perform the music we all grew up listening to in the social clubs, nightclubs, etc.? We performed in Spain for the Brits and on up to Scotland and it's the mature crowd that loves our music.  We do late 50's up to now.  Just wanting some feedback.  I lived in Spain for 5 years and know that there is a better quality and simpler life than I'm living now, back in the U.S.  Thanks so much and looking forward to your feedback.  If you want to check out our original music you can visit newrainmusic.com .    and please read our "cover song" list to see what we perform live. 
Jane Morris

Yep, I've wondered the same thing. Didn't figure there would be any touring American bands coming through so was hoping for, well, anything. Being a bit of an old hippie, southern rocker, Texas blues fan I kinda thought that entertainment part of life may not exist in Ecuador.

I would say yes there are opportunities for performing that style of music, since there is already some of that going on during the weekends at places like San Sebas cafe and California Kitchen.

Well it sounds like we need to come visit and set up a small, tour.  We actually like more "intimate" rooms...no more crazy bars please!! :)  We need a manager or contact down there though to set it up. Thanks so much for your response.  I'll work on this.  We are of the "old hippie" genre ourselves!

Thanks for the input Nards.  I do want to see what the possibilities of a small tour would be down there. I think I have heard of the California Kitchen on another newsletter from Ecuador that I subscribe to.