Places to live in San Diego

Hi,
I should move to San Diego current November 2013 and I'm looking for an apartment to rent, maybe a condo, for me, my wife and my 2 daughters.

I would like to know if there are some places to avoid and some good places to be, regarding the prices.

I should work near Mira mar and I'm looking for prices under 1800/month.

Thanks!

Hi Sylvain,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I suggest you post an advert in the Flats for rent in San Diego section please :)

You might be able to check out the prices and maybe to bargain a 1800/month rent hopefully :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Sylvain,

For 1800, you should be able to find a decent apartment near Mira Mar. As far as neighborhoods, most near Mira Mar are pretty quiet and on the safer side, although more expensive. I would look into Rancho Penasquitos, Poway, or Rancho Bernardo. Check out craigslist.org for current rentals on the market.

Good Luck!

Any future renter in San Diego:

If you are looking for apartments for rent check out rentals.com, apartmentfinder.com or rent.com

Craigslist is an option but truthfully I just don't think it is worth the time and effort sifting through the over posting, SPAM and fraud. If you are an expat you are even more susceptible to being taken advantage of.

Use a broker or agent. Some of the sites I mentioned actually send you a gift/money if you find an apartment through their website.

If you need other suggestions let me know. These are also nationwide search sites.

Good luck.

http://yoursmiles.org/ksmile/flag6/brazil-flag-waving-smile.gif

Matt V. - Manaus, Amazonas, Brasil
Visit my Personal Blog - brazilbs.blogspot.com