Where to live in budapest

Our children will probably attend the British international school in district III, but I will be working on the other side of the river near City Park.  HOw should we organize our life?  I mean, should we rent a house or flat near the school?  Or is it wiser to live close to work and have the children take the school bus to school every day?

Hello Sharonlee.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have moved your message to the Budapest Forum for more interaction.

Thanks and all the best.

Karen :)

Hi
I am moving to Budapest too soon
In my experience it is more settling to live near the school but of course it depends on the age of the child .however the transport system in budapest is very reliable and very good
Regards anns

Yes, I agree that it would be better to live near the school so that the children can have an easier social life, visiting or inviting friends etc.

plus, it's a nice area to live in anyways :)

I did not look up where exactly your school is, but it is in my mother's neighbourhood. You have the more green-ish neighbourhoods in different varieties(attached or detached) up the different hills from Kolosy Tér (various busses start there, but do not go very often, every 10-30min:(, or if you want to be a bit closer to the city, live walking distance to the Margit bridge, but I am not sure if it is walkable from there to the scool. But perhaps bikeable?

There are a few remarks from a past post, some of them may be relevant?:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=232081