Living Here

When you are living in Philippines or any new places, never compare it with your home country especially if you come from a more modern and developed country. You will feel depress. Try to look at the bright side and appreciate the differences (be it good or bad). Learn why things happen in certain way and you will be happier. Since you are here and most likely cannot change it for the short term, at least you can learn to be happy and like the country and people around you. That will make your stay here happier and more memorable :)

I totally agree. Each country has something good to offer.
Those who kept on complaining should go somewhere else.

From an Aussi point of view most of you are very happy people and can even smile after being flooded.  After many trips around the Phil i still find the acute poverty very hard with many sleeping on the streets in Cebu and Manila mostly and the many beggars but many more positives than negatives. As long as we dont go to muslim areas it really is a nice country and i reccommend  any Aussies to go to Boracay as i think it is equal to any place in the world. Such lovely beaches.

I agree...If your not happy here move on....JOE

very well said KopiRoti

living in any country is better it is just up to us how we hundle the situation, as long as we know what we really want and can communicate with other people well, then there will be no any problem.

the above post is right, dont compare the country where you came from to the current country you're living.

Totally Agree!!

Well said :) Tama Tama!!

Im endorsing my town to live peacefully...search about Dipolog City in youtube and youll find out....thank you and have a blessed day...

i've worked and lived in several countries but no complains on how I live...the only secret on how you get along the way you live in a foreign place is accept the fact that you're not home, and thus u have to deal what's in that place you're living....i remembered my ex-american bf always complaining of stinky odor from the streets of Malate..there's no such thing in Florida & I always told him you are in Manila not in Florida:) I'm a Pinoy but I was an expat for 11 years and yes living in Manila is a joy for me. We have great night life, awesome guys food etc..