English writer and neo-philhellene in Thessaloniki

I am an ancient Englishman! I have been staying in Thessaloniki on and off for nearly a year, and am currently back in the U.K. but will be in the city again from 30 September.

I am looking to rent a furnished apartment in the centre (between Egnatia and the the shore (Leof. Nikis) - so if you know of anywhere that is a little more civilised than a student pad, please contact me

I am a writer and am currently collecting material for an anthology of short stories about my experiences in Greece. I have just enrolled for Greek language classes at AUT - as I cannot keep relying upon my wonderful Greek friends to translate everything for me!

Hi Harehound,

I suggest you to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Thessaloniki section, with details of what you are looking for. This might be helpful. :)

Regards,

David.

Thanks, David, already done! Hope I get some response . . .

Harehound

Well you can check the website www.spitogatos.gr or the www.tospitimou.gr. Choose to view available flats with photos. Good luck. By the way, AUT is an excellent choice to learn Greek, just make sure you study and practice your reading, writing and speaking skills.

Thanks TheoK, I have found a reasonable place near Ippokratio Nosokomio and will be arriving on 30th September, ready to do battle with my linguistic ineptness!

Nice area! Best wishes!

Hi.. My son was born in that hospital...  Lol
And I`m just down the road a bit..... It`s a great area , as you can  travel around Thessaloniki (by bus ) very easily from that point.. 
How well do you know the city.?
Did you know , that just recently there  is now a new bar in Thess, .. called the Dubliner.. .. Irish owend.. & no ..  not by me ...       I  just   sometimes.. go in there. from time to time...  & its  has also all world sports .. &  fun nights......., check it out  www.Dubliner.gr 
Well at some point.. I`m sure our pathes will cross... after all.. Thessaloniki.. is a village..
Good Luck..
Be well