This blog is for Malaysian license holder in KSA

Dear all,

If you are holding Malaysian driving license, you do not have to sit for test or whatsoever. You can get your license converted to KSA license easily.

Steps:
1) Ask your company GR to help you and do not take agent as it will cut your cost. They will get you the police form and write for you everthing in arabic and stamp on your photo with green folder.
2) Get your passport copy ( front page and Visa page)
3) Iqama Copy
4) Malaysian driver license copy
5) Translation of Malaysian Driving
6) Eye test and blood test done

Thats it. Go to driving school after 10.00am ( as its almost empty ) and pass this to the license counter and wait for 15 minutes. Khalas, your license will be ready.

Total cost I paid:

1) License 5 years : SAR 200
2) Eye and Blood test at KIMS hospital : SAR 75
3) Translation of Malaysian license at al bayan : SAR 30

Total : SAR 305

Good luck guys.

very straightforward and precise. Thank you man!

very gud info,

tq bro

Where are you living in KSA? Thanks

Azacks71 wrote:

Where are you living in KSA? Thanks

Hello Azacks and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that you are actually participating on a thread inactive since 2013. You may not get any response.

I invite you to participate on more recent threads on the forum

Regards
Kenjee

Thanks

Actually, you can just apply for International Driving License from JPJ :)  Not applicable to all country (there is a list) but If I remember correctly, Saudi is on the list. Just need to pay RM150.

I've done before and drive in Kuwait without problem.

Hi, i have been using International Driving license in few countries , yes it is acceptable in many countries, but please be informed the purpose of this licence is to facilitate tourist and temporary resident therefore it has time limitation, even Malaysia itself accept the international license from other countries maximum for 1 yr from the date of entry.

Gud luck

Same here. just as you described except i didnt have to pay for blood and eye test.

Hello Everyone. I know this thread is old but is the info still valid or has the procedures changed? Thanks in advance for any help.
Hello Haizad_Mohamed,

Yes indeed, very old thread.

Feel free to start a new one on the Saudi Arabia forum..it will get more views and hopefully a quicker response to your query.

Regards,
Bhavna

Hello!! I'm Malaysian living in Al-hofuf KSA.

Above thread still valid. I already converted the Malaysia driving license in Al-Khars Drving School under traffic department (Al-mubaraz).

1) Make sure you already photocopied everything including your iqama, and passport.

2) Do medical check up at valid medical clinic complex (can check through website for the list)

3) Translate malaysian driving license, and get it stamp. I made it at NAFF translation office (cost only 45sar) and stamp at Al-Ahsa Chamber (cost only 40sar)

4) Pay the fees through Goverment Sadad in online bank platform. I paid 200 sar for 5 years.

5) That's all khalas wait for it to finish. For me I have to wait for one week. Depends on your luck sometimes it can be done within less than an hour.

All the best and good luck!

Assalam. Things are different in Tabuk. No conversion whatsoever. Did a placement test to determine your driving skills then they will decide how many days required for training n test.

I got advanced level so 5 days of training. Total cost is 1,045 SAR 1f623.svg