Salary in Angola - Luanda

Hi Guys

Hope you can help. I am currently living in Johannesburg, South Africa. I am a Manager with a big 4 company and need some help with my package negotiations. The problem: I don't know what salary I should earn ? Housing and Transport excluded ?

Thanks for your help !
Tony

Hi Tony, not sure about the salary but definitely negotiate housing, transportation and meals otherwise you will loose your shirt here.

Housing and transport a must

[moderated : you are :offtopic:]

Hi Tony

I don't personally work here, I am a stay at home dad, but I knew a few friends who used to work here in Luanda for different companies all in different fields i.e. Electrician, Finance etc. From what I can gather Angola has certain laws regarding salary levels for xpats with degrees in any field except the engineering fields. The more regular types like anything Bcom, Btech and even computer programming degrees including technical artisans will be no more than about $5000 per month. My one friend was a qualified electrician and the other had some MBA degree in management and they both earned only $5000 per month. But it can also be less depending on the extra perks you receive.

I personally would not come to Angola for under $5000 per month. The must have perks are also a driver with a car, normally some 4X4 like a Prado, nice house in Tala Tona which is the better area to live in, school fees should you have kids and off course medical aid for the local clinic and hospital here. This is normally through Ensa over here. these are the basic must have perks and salary which every expat I knew has received while being here. Other things include the flight ticket to and from SA every 3 months or so.

Hi,
     I hope your doing well.
I have an offer in Luanda as an Oracle DBA.Salary is $US 600 +Food+ Accommodation+ Transportation.The thing is some of my friend are saying that there is no life secure.Could you please reply me it is sufficient salary or not as well as companies rules.I am waiting for ur valuable reply...

I think you have to go for at least accommodation and transportation.

600 is ridicoulos maybe at least 6000.
Dan

praveendba wrote:

Hi,
     I hope your doing well.
I have an offer in Luanda as an Oracle DBA.Salary is $US 600 +Food+ Accommodation+ Transportation.The thing is some of my friend are saying that there is no life secure.Could you please reply me it is sufficient salary or not as well as companies rules.I am waiting for ur valuable reply...

Hi praveendba, I am not there yet but I have already negotiated my package but US$600 is not a good start. Consider well and try to read what have been posted about the costs of living in Angola.

Hi, I would like to know if anyone on this forum knows about the salary range for Investment banking professionals in Luand and the perks.  I work in structurd finance and syndications.  I do Project Finance also, and I have a masters degree from US and 10 years of experience.  I am fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Arabic also.  Thanks.

TheSheikh wrote:

Hi, I would like to know if anyone on this forum knows about the salary range for Investment banking professionals in Luand and the perks.  I work in structurd finance and syndications.  I do Project Finance also, and I have a masters degree from US and 10 years of experience.  I am fluente in English and Portuguese also.  Thanks.

Sugest somewhere 10k$/month

dantrinca wrote:
TheSheikh wrote:

Hi, I would like to know if anyone on this forum knows about the salary range for Investment banking professionals in Luand and the perks.  I work in structurd finance and syndications.  I do Project Finance also, and I have a masters degree from US and 10 years of experience.  I am fluente in English and Portuguese also.  Thanks.

Sugest somewhere 10k$/month

Thanks, you suggest this plus housing, car, flights home (how many times a year)  anything else???

I need information.
I'm Indonesian and now working for Transocean at shipyard project.
I'm got a confirmation from one multinational oil and gas service company at Angola that I will hiring by them
My position is Planner/Scheduler for fabrication job.

Now my salary at Transocean is US$4350 per month.
How much the salary range for expatriate at Angola?

you should ask at least 5k$+ house+transport+food+ school for kids

dantrinca wrote:

you should ask at least 5k$+ house+transport+food+ school for kids

Thank's for your information...

Hi I found its nice & goo site for information
I am getting a offer in Luanda, for warehouse manager
offer salary 1000US$ first three months & then 1300$ for next one year
above then car with driver & accomaation on two sharing

please suggest is it fine or can be negotiate further

regards
joy

joyjacob wrote:

Hi I found its nice & goo site for information
I am getting an offer in Luanda as warehouse manager and
offer salary is 1,000US$ for the first three months & then 1300$ for next one year
above then car with driver & accommodation on twin sharing basis.

Please suggest if it is fine or can be negotiated further.

Regards
joy

Hi joyjacob, the salary is not encouraging for managerial level, albeit that, you need to worry about medical, internet, meals, etc.

Hi,
You have not mentioned what is your qualification and name of Company you will work for.
Normally, if accommodation, transport and food is taken care of, the need for additional money is not very high, but depends on your habits. Are you entitled to overtime...?   and at what rate?
If you earn something like USD 1200 per month, then that should be more than adequate. If you are not a heavy smoker and drinker, then you would probably not spend more than USD 150-200 per month in Angola. Rest would be a saving.
There is not much problem for SAFETY in Angola. People are generally nice and helpful. But again it depends on the place of your posting and work.
However, please note that there is not much to do or see in Angola.
Best wishes and good luck.
Padam

If you are not getting free food, then USD 1300 per month is grossly inadequate in Angola.
Please remember, Angola is the COSTLIEST country in the world. Almost everything is imported and hence a very expensive place.

Hi,

Never negotiate a contract without housing and transport.
Housing may be horrible expensive, depending if you have to live downtown. 1-bedroom apt. in a new building may cost you around 10.000 USd per month. At least this were the prices in 2011. Cheap and well maintained apt. are hard to find. Cars are not expensive but insurance and registration of the car is a tough thing.

The salary depends a lot in your position and copany.
Try to negotiate after taxes ;-)

Hope this helps.

Regards
Doris

work as an electronics car for $ 6,000 + diet on food, a car and an apartment is well

Hi,
   Myself Shifat Ali from India looking job in South Africa. I have overseas experience in Logistica and warehouse manager. Could you please help me to get job in Souh Africe ?
Awaiting your kind reply.

Thanks in Adwance...

Hi shifat,

Maybe you should post your resume in the Jobs in South Africa section

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks for your kind reply....Dear

Hi Guys

Im glad I found this forum....its just what I needed! I am being offered a job in Luanda from a food distribution company as a business manager which reports directly to the General manager. the perks offered are accomodation, food, transport and medical assurance. I have 3 year experience as a business manager and a degree in economics. What would you say is a reasonable salary to expect in this case?
Additional to the salary they offer an anual bonus + a bonus when the contract is finished (2 year contract).

highly appreciate any comments
Thanks

Above 7k$

Thanks Dantrica!...Thats way above what I expected

Hi, rafa 1000.
What the type of job?
And please, send for me short info. and contacts about it`s company.
According to conditions - not bad.
Thanks.

hi frnds this is akul from india ,,,can u pls help me about the living cost in Angola,,,,how much salary should b sufficent to live with family there ,,

Hi guys. I`m looking for a job in Angola in retail sector.
I have a good experience in wholesale and retail. Please, send to me link or contacts by e-mail: [email protected] ,, Many thanks in advance and good luck for all!

Try this website for cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi guys

Am looking for a job as an accountant in luanda which websites should I contact.

Kuke

Hi richard munjunga,

I suggest you post your resume in the Accounting job offers in Luanda section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Dear All,
I got opportunity in Luanda for 800 $ (after 6 months it will be 1000 $)  and transportation, meals and accommodation is free there. Is it advisable to come to there from India? Now I am withdrawing Rs.3 lakh per annum in India. Secondly is it safe?
Please advise me

hi, i would like to inquire about the salary of administrative assistant . i have an offer of 600usd plus 200food allowancme//free housing and transpo..is it fine or short?

hi mr dccostan,

your salary should be atleast 5000 usd per month for your family excluding accomodation,food and transportation.

regards

nandan srinivas

sanju garu,

food gurunchi atleast 600 dollars per month adagandi, and for salary atleast 1500 usd demand cheyandi leka pote ikkada meru survive cheyaleru.

thanks
nandan srinivas

mr akul,

if u are moving with family then not less than 4000 usd per month excluding food,accommodation and transport.

regards

nandan srinivas

mr rafa,

If you are planning alone to Luanda then 5000 usd per month is ok.

thanks

nandan srinivas

Sir,
Thank you for your reply,

just i am sending my offer letter to you, please suggest is it Ok ? or not ? after receiving your confirmation i will decide. Please suggest me sir...

Job in Barrick Trade Group, UAE Based

Ref: OL 28- 12-13/OF
POSITION: ACCOUNTS OFFICER
1.SALARY:
Your starting salary will be USD. 1000 (Eight Hundred United states dollars only) per month and after the probation period Usd 1,200 ( One thousand United states dollars only ) p.m
2.TRANSPORT:
You are entitled to a free transport facility from home to the office and back.

3.ACCOMMODATION:
You are entitled to a Rent free furnished bachelor sharing accommodation . Domestic Servant, Electricity, Water & Cable tv connection charges will be paid by the company.
4. FOOD:
You are entitled to a fixed food allowance of USD.300 (Three hundred United States Dollars) per month.
5. TELEPHONE:
You are entitled to a fixed telephone allowance of USD.25 (Twenty Five United States Dollars) per month for international calls. And all your official local telephone calls will be completely free.
6.PROBATION:
You will serve a probationary period of Six (6) months after which you will be confirmed if your performance is satisfactory. However, this probationary period may be extended or shortened at the absolute discretion of the company.

7.WORKING HOURS :
Your hours of work are :-
Monday to Saturday 8.00a.m to 7.00p.m
You must when required to report for work on days other than those stated above and /or work beyond normal working hours.
Your working hours will be determined by the company and you shall be informed accordingly. The company reserves the rights to change your working days and hours.
8.LEAVE/HOLIDAYS:

You will be entitled to Thirty (30days) paid holiday for or every 2 (Two) years. Tickets will be paid by the company.
9.MEDICAL:
You will be entitled to be reimbursed for your medical (excluding dental, ophthalmic and maternity tests) attention fees for treatment of minor and common ailments bill.

10. CONTRACT/BOND:
You will have to engage in a minimum contract of 5 (60months) years.  The co will incur the expenses for work permit of the employee. Should the employee terminate the present contract before 60 months (5years), then the employee must reimburse the company for the cost of the work permit on a pro-rata basis. The cost being USD 10,000.00 for 60 months (5 years).

Please confirm and sign the following details.                               
Name       :
Signature :                                                   
Date