How to get unblocked my Iphone 5 and what movile company use

Hi, i am currently in Mexico City, but leaving in 4 weeks to Siem Reap and stay there for a year, I wanna use my Iphone there but I know I have to unblock the thing, can I do it when I get there? or is it better for me to get it unblocked here in Mex, how much will it cost to do this in Cambodia and witch telephone company you guys recommend, or is it better for me to get a new phone there?
Thanks , hope you can help me..

Ceci

Hi Apple Authorized Reseller,

I suggest you to get your phone unlock at an Apple Authorized Reseller, they might be able to factory unlock the phone. :)

Regards,

David.

Hola Ceci,
Justamente yo me acabo de regresar de Siem Reap donde estuve viviendo y trabajando en un hotel. Sobre tu teléfono, te recomendaría que lo desbloquearas en México, en Camboya los lugares no son mucho de fiar y te saldría más caro. Sobre tu mobile provider, te recomendaría uno q se llama Smart cualquier otra cosa q te pueda ayudar antes de tu viaje, como que llevar y que encontraras, hazmelo saber.

Hello Majirris,

Could you please write your message in English so that all participants of the English forum could understand?

If you prefer to post in Spanish, here's the link to the Spanish forum of Siem Reap.

Have a nice day further
Arlette