Hello Everybody!

As can you see my name is Christina Kalavrou and iam from Greece! Iam studying Managment and iam in my last semester.From April 2014 iam thinking of moving in Antalya. . I think it will be a problem at first because i dont speak Turkish but i hope in will survive with my english!From your knowledge do you think its difficult from a foreigner to find a job there? Expect from my studies i also have some degrees in English so i was thinking if its possible to teach the language !

Thank you all!

Why don't u think of instanbul instead of antalya

hello, Christina,
My name is Mehmet Onaylı, I live in Antalya city center in Lara. I am sales maneger of 8 hotels which placed in Alanya. I have a question to you, ''hy do you want to learn Turkish?'' do you want to have a job in Turkey and want to stay in Antalya?
İf you want and need help to find and rent a flat in Antalya I can hlp tou and additionally, I can lead you to find a Turkish Language Course in Antalya city center.
There are houndereds of hotels near the Antalya coast and most of the tourist come and visit Antalya from Russia and Germany this why English Language is not enough, firstly to speak and write Russain Language is more important that English.
İf you want to get more knowledge about culture, city life and transportation we can talk.
my skype name is : adrenalyn73
Take care and be safe, regards.

Hi Christina,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction. ;)

You may try to post an ad in the jobs in Antalya section. It might help you.
-----------------------------------------

Hi Mehmet > i would invite you to share informations on the forum so that everyone can benefit from it.

Thank you.
Christine
Expat.com team

Hello again everybody !
Thanks a lot for your quick replies and also for your help!
Mehmet thanks for the information! Unfortunately I don't speak RUssian and Iam very interesting to learn TUrkish! I just need a simple job to can pay my rent the first months but later on I will try to learn the language and I will try to find something better !

ChristinaKal wrote:

Hello again everybody !
Thanks a lot for your quick replies and also for your help!
Mehmet thanks for the information! Unfortunately I don't speak RUssian and Iam very interesting to learn TUrkish! I just need a simple job to can pay my rent the first months but later on I will try to learn the language and I will try to find something better !

Dear Kristina ,

I will be glad to teach you Turkish before your arrival . If you want we shall try Skype

Warmest regards

It's so kind from you! Thank you so much for your offer!
I will let you know...

Hi Kristina,

As being located near to Greece, Turkey can be a so frequently visitable country, so after you get elementary or pre-intermediate level in Turkish, you will visit Turkey or follow Turkish tv's or websites to keep your level in Turkish.

Anyway, you can visit facebook groups to learn Turkish, and based on your background you can find a job in Antalya especially in toursim sector. Actually, if you were in Istanbul, it would be easier to find  a job.

I can help you learning Turkish by Skype, or e-mail, even we can meet in Istanbul or in Antalya.

See you

Piu Blu ,

Thank you so much for your help.
I think i can learn some basic stuff online because in the city iam currently living i dont have the opportunity to find a Turkish language school but if i start online i think i will continiue when  i come in Turkey i think it will be easier.

Hi,

Please chcek below link. It might be useful for you.

http://www.talklikeaturk.com/uploads/3/ … 0words.pdf

Good luck

Thank you so much!
This website looks cool.. hope i will learn some!

khd.akkad wrote:

hi piu_blu

why istanbul easier to find job than antalya or another

:)
thank u

An answer needed 4 dis question

ChristinaKal wrote:

Thank you so much!
This website looks cool.. hope i will learn some!

Dear Christina ,

Yes , this may be useful for you but first of all you have to learn Turkish Alphabet because there is ç , ğ , ö , ü . No q ,x , w as well . If you do learn it at first you will be able to understand the grammar in a short way . This will help you for the daily Turkish quotes as well .

Turkish is easy to learn . You can read as if it is written ...

Good luck

elmanchego wrote:

Hi,

Please chcek below link. It might be useful for you.

http://www.talklikeaturk.com/uploads/3/ … 0words.pdf

Good luck

Oh gud, dis site iS really helpful

Hi I could help you for every think you asked for Antalya and Turkey :)

askideniz wrote:

Hi I could help you for every think you asked for Antalya and Turkey :)

Is it very easy for a foreigner to get job in antalya, if it's easy how quick would it be

hi there,

the problem is that state schools will only hire native English speakers unless they can't find enough of them!!!

You could do private teaching here, but again, most Turks want an English-speaking NATIVE.

I've been in Antalya a long time so I know the ropes about teaching here.  I myself am a teacher and have worked at several private schools here and at language schools too.

Have you got a TEFL qualification?  That would definitely help you.

Job wise?  There are lots of jobs during the summer if you work in the tourist industry - from May to October.

Of course, you need to learn Turkish as quickly as possible.

There are schools here which offer free lessons in Turkish.

Hope this is of help,

Jade

Ok

Thank you all so much !
You really help ! :)

That good..

turkishlanguage.co.uk/ this website will help you a lot as I did.

piu_blu wrote:

Hi Kristina,

As being located near to Greece, Turkey can be a so frequently visitable country, so after you get elementary or pre-intermediate level in Turkish, you will visit Turkey or follow Turkish tv's or websites to keep your level in Turkish.

Anyway, you can visit facebook groups to learn Turkish, and based on your background you can find a job in Antalya especially in toursim sector. Actually, if you were in Istanbul, it would be easier to find  a job.

I can help you learning Turkish by Skype, or e-mail, even we can meet in Istanbul or in Antalya.

See you