Hello - New In Jakarta

hello peeps...

Hope everyone is doin good...

well, I will be down in Jakarta, and would love to hang out/catch a movie or hit the clubs with someone...

Is there little india in Jakarta? Or Chinatown? Where I can get some souvenirs?

Its my first time here, and I will be living in Kemang Area..

Hit me up if u're interested/ and we can take it from here...

also, is there any pay per entry for a gym?

Cheers
Newbie :cheers:

Chinatown isn't really defined but try the Glodok area around the city train station.
I'm not really down with night life because I'm old and boring, and I'm far too fat to be safe from a heart attack in a gym so I can't help you much with those things.

Hi Mas Fred,

Thank you for your prompt response...

Alright, i will keep that in my visiting list...

In terms of tranportation, is it convenience?

alcinure wrote:

Hi Mas Fred,

Thank you for your prompt response...

Alright, i will keep that in my visiting list...

In terms of tranportation, is it convenience?

Blue bird taxis are good (generally).
There's even an Android app so calling them is easy.

Just about all gyms have a pay per entry option. But if you are going to go more than twice a week, its cheaper to just become a member.

Thanks Ali...

Well any idea how i can get my messages across?

I keep gettin this "Post Error" message... That unables me to inbox anyone...

:nothappy:

new members have to wait 60 seconds between posts or messages. Maybe that's it?

Post errors

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

Your message hasn't been sent. In order to preventissues,the private message system is not fully activated for new users. Have you presented yourself on the forum ? Please exchange a few messages with us on the forum, and we will fully activate the private message system. Thank you!

:sosad:

There are Celebrity Fitness in Jl. Kemang Raya and Fitness First at Kemang Village (Lippo Mall Kemang), cinema also at this same mall. There are at least 3 indian restaurants in Kemang area besides some Indian menu also available in Eastern Promise Pub/Restaurant.

There is no Little India here, but some indian stuff can be found in Pasar Baru(at Central Jakarta), it is the oldest shopping area in Jakarta.

About nightlife in kemang, you just need to remember 1 thing before start: you know where you put your wallet. :D

Enjoy!:)

Wid isn't that at the end make sure you have your wallet :)

Hello alcinure,

as mas fred already mentioned, you should use only blue bird taxi service, if you're not sure with the price. Blue birds use argo everytime unlike other taxidrivers who could try fool you.
If you're gonna go to some bar, you should be on the alert all the time, especially if you'll go to holes like Stadium (really worth it). Always pay attention, if you still have your phone and wallet, don't let somewhere your drink unattended and don't drink any drink offered by some local stranger - you don't know if he didn't put anything to it. Also think twice if it's worth it for you to take some drugs in the clubs. In Indonesia there are really strict drug laws and if there are some dragnet in the bar, the cops always check the foreigners as the firstones. For some more info about nightlife in Jakarta check out this blog  and choose according to your preferences..

Yes Enroute, make sure your wallet and phone (as Dworza said so) :D

If out with people and drinking make sure you know who is paying the bill especially in clubs. If you are invited to a table and offered drinks, great but make sure that you are not left alone when the bill arrives. It happens....

I wrote this a while back. It might help. http://mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2011/ … karta.html

lukereg wrote:

I wrote this a while back. It might help. http://mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2011/ … karta.html

Awesome blog, lukereg :) I've spent a whole day by reading it through :)

Dworza  thank you thats very kind. I would like to do more but being a father has slowed me down. But more soon I promise.

I've been doing the same - really interesting blog, lukereg.

mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2011/09/taxis-in-jakarta.html

nowdays tarif same..after the petrol price rise.

even in jakarta depend on which part/are that u are living in, some are could be cheaper than others (according rent cost of property).

Express have raised their prices to 6000 which matches Bluebird but Bluebird have yet to raise theirs, but with the new Bluebird taxis arriving in the city, it is only a matter of time.

everything going to raise up .... harga- harga semua naik T_T

You can trust Bluebird, Express, Taxiku, Gamya and Cipaganti. When desperate, taxis like Transcab is not so bad either:-) all of them use their meter. But even Bluebird drivers sometimes would fool you if you dont know the best routes to your destination. Therefor, GPS or google map can be very2 helpful when you feel like you need it.

You can go to bars like Eastern Promise and Murphy's to connect with other "bule(s)" / foreigners. Others usually crowded by the locals. Clubs in Kemang are happenings, but mostly for younger generations.... like students... I lived in Kemang for more than 6 years.
Go to places like X2 in Senayan, Skye on top of Menara BCA, Lucy in tne Sky in SCBD.

Welcome to the big durian!

Minimum order Bluebird now is 40,000. Happy days

lukereg wrote:

Jeez!!

Luke, I was in Lombok for 2 weeks last month and used Bluebird and Express there, surprisingly they never expected extra cash ! And so happy whenever I told them to keep the 1000- 2000 rp change!!

It was nice :-)

lukereg wrote:

really?? glad im living in place that nearby almost everywhere ... ojek..faster hihihi

ochie wrote:
lukereg wrote:

really?? glad im living in place that nearby almost everywhere ... ojek..faster hihihi

Get your own helmet Ochie, some of their helmets stinks so bad.. sometimes wet from the head sweat. Lol.