Accomodation

Hi all

Need some help...
Myself Chris) and mySheelo will be moving to PNG (Madang) in the next few week and I would like to bring my fiancé with me. I have a sponsor that gives me work and accommodation but not for my fiancé. I'm looking for a 2 bedroom apartment to rent near the airport for a reasonable price. Can anybody please give me some help where to look to find these kind of apartments. We have never been in PNG and are looking forward to a new adventure.
Thanks

Chris and Sheelo

seeking accommodation in PNG Madang.... Apartments for rent preferably.
Thx

Chris and Sheelo

Hi  oppies,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Papua New Guinea section, this might help finding what you are looking for. :)

Regards,

David.

Plenty of tourist type accommodation but not much in the way of permanent rentals.

I suggest an online search. If you are going there for any length of time it may be best to stay in a guesthouse whilst you hunt for something more permanent.

If you are going over to work it is usual for employers to include accommodation in the contract package.

Once over there you can make contact with other expats and see what is available.

Thanks David

Im still looking for a place to stay. No luck so far.
Let me know if you might have any other ideas.

Thx
Chris

Thanks Stumpy

It looks like your idea might be the only way to go.
Will customs at the airport let my fiancé through if she doesn't have pre-arranged accommodation?

Thank you

Chris (Oppies)

I would get accommodation before hand.