Repairman (English) in Budapest

Hi all,

I am looking for a repairman (who ideally speaks English) in Budapest. My washing machine is not working anymore, the door is blocked and my clothes are inside.

Its kind of urgent and i would appreciate any help or ideas you may have.

Thanks,
Crina

Hello I am an Australian who is in Budapest now. I assume you mean your washing machine is LOCKED not blocked/
what make and model is it? I am be able to help

Hi, thanks a lot for you reply. I am still in the office but once i get home i will email you the exact details of the washing machine.

Could you pls. send me your emails address or phone number?

[email protected]

:):)

(sometimes modern washing machines lock you out until they decide the contents have cooled down enough for you to be safe...)

szocske wrote:

(sometimes modern washing machines lock you out until they decide the contents have cooled down enough for you to be safe...)

I think probably one of several things I can think of (having experienced them all at one point or another):

1) Pump has failed in some way and it's full of water and it will stop one opening the door. There's a pressure switch to disable the door lock. 

2) the door lock has broken off and this stops one operating the door.

3) The machine has not been put in the right cycle. Some machines will not pump out unless the knob is moved on manually. The idea is to stop creasing of the clothes.

4)There's no power.

Usually there's a way to open the door. I'd recommend draining the water by removing the drain cover at the bottom. This might allow one to open the door at least.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your ideas! A repairman came today to my house and he checked my washing machine. It seems the washing machine is fine but he cleaned the filter. That might have been the only problem the machine had...hopefully it will work well from now on.

crina2783 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your ideas! A repairman came today to my house and he checked my washing machine. It seems the washing machine is fine but he cleaned the filter. That might have been the only problem the machine had...hopefully it will work well from now on.

Yes, that'll do it too. Glad you sorted it.

You would need to clean the filter on a regular basis. It's not difficult to do. Also make sure you take everything out of the pockets of your clothes because this will also block up the filter.

Particularly, remove all coins because Murphy's law says these things are always just the right size to block the pipes. In my case, one time a small coin got through and the blades on the pump were ripped off causing it to spin uselessly!

Thanks a lot! I hope there won't be problems from now on.

Hi Crina,

if you need help in the future, do no hesitate to contact me, I help expatriates and locals in Budapest.

Ilikecomfort.com

Barbara

Thanks a lot Barbara! I will keep it in my mind!

Next time I can also help with advice, as I'm a retired washing machine repair man. I didn't see this thread until today as the subject title is not very specific and also I don't always read all the Budapest threads as I'm a long way from BP.

Just had my washing machine taken to the shop for repairs yesterday. Still cheaper to repair than buy new (it is a good machine -- went 10 years without any problems and hope to get at least another half decade out of it if not more). So I am glad there are still businesses in Hungary that do washing machine repairs.

But for other tools (such as my shop vacuum) I have to find private individuals to do repairs as the mind set these days is too often "if it is broke, just buy new one".

klsallee wrote:

....But for other tools (such as my shop vacuum) I have to find private individuals to do repairs as the mind set these days is too often "if it is broke, just buy new one".

It's a real problem with stuff these days.  A lot of it seems much more unreliable than it's been in the past. 

In the past 3 months, my pressure washer (Kärcher - "good" brand) has had a seized up pump for the second time. Cost EUR 100 to fix it the first time. For that money, I will buy a Chinese one and chuck it if it dies. 

My cheapish Chinese chainsaw is also dead due to defective safety switch. Took it for repairs and told, "it's not a known brand and no spares available", so another chainsaw required. Too dangerous to jury rig the switches. Lasted about 6 years.

I've had a couple of washing machines in the past 10 years gone wrong. Pump dead in one (but easy to fix yourself) and the other one had a defective bearing which is harder to fix yourself. So, I fixed the first one myself and gave it away to relatives, had the second one repaired for about HUF 10K and also gave that away to relatives and bought a new one which has run for several years without a problem..

Dishwasher died several months ago.  Controller board gone and no spares apparently available as made in Turkey. Luckily I had another dishwasher (Siemens) in storage and I installed that.

fluffy2560 wrote:

It's a real problem with stuff these days.  A lot of it seems much more unreliable than it's been in the past.

For this reason, for tools, more and more I go retro.

Chain saw? Nope. Got an English made one man cross cut saw.

Electric screw drivers? After two broke, and/or batteries failed, I got a Yankee screwdriver (ironically now only made in Germany).

Garden tiller? Forget it. I got a wheel hoe.

Sure, it takes more sweat and elbow grease, but those tools just keep on working, and I have not had to charge or pour petrol into one of those tools yet.

This and more available at:

fine-tools.com

Dear all
URGENT
My sphion of my toilet is not working and the water is coming from inside of toilet
I need a repairman in English speaking in Budapest as soon as possible thank you

rozhan80rastegari wrote:

Dear all
URGENT
My sphion of my toilet is not working and the water is coming from inside of toilet
I need a repairman in English speaking in Budapest as soon as possible thank you

It's easy to fix. 

Sounds like it's jammed if water is continuously flowing.    Check the float which cuts off the water - make sure it's not jammed or stuck. The float stops the refill.  The water flowing is probably the overflow.

Take the top off and jiggle the handle and/or try  to push down the plunger (which is attached to the handle mechanism).

Make sure everything is moving as it should.

The water should stop flowing.