Tutoring and After School Care

Do you all think it is realistic for an Expat in the Condado Area to get work tutoring and maybe doing after school care for other Expats who may want a tutor to help kids with the language. If/When we move to PR I was thinking of trying to do that rather then a traditional job. (My husband's job would be relocating him to PR. He is Actually Puerto Rican (raised in FL) and I am Dominican born and raised in in the states. We are both fluent in Spanish.

Thoughts?!

Hi LACruz,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I suggest you post your resume in the Teaching jobs in Puerto Rico section please :)

Best of luck

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Great idea, thanks! will do when I actually move.

Sorry you got kicked out of this blog but email me if you want and I will connect you to our little group on Facebook that we are all homeschoolers and some are teachers that can't get a job in PR because they don't speak spanish.  The dept. of Ed. over there is looking for teachers to teach english--you don't even need your teaching certificate.  There is a mommy's group from PR that had it posted just last month--(I showed it to my sil who is in school to become a teacher but would like to go to PR and teach too).  We are moving to PR next week but not in the area that you are--more inland.  We can't afford private school so I'm gonna try and do homeschooling with my two oldest and see if I can put my 5 year old into headstart (or kindergarten if let her) so she can learn the language faster than me and the kids will probably learn.  My email is vaz   05  at  yahoo.com  (take out the spaces) 
Good luck.
Stephanie

Thanks Stephanie! Good luck to you as well!!