Hi from Katowice

My name's Dan and I recently moved to Poland from Canada late last year to be with my Polish wife and son.

We live just outside of  Katowice and I'm curious to see if there are any fellow English speakers out there in my neck of the woods as I haven't come across many in my short time here. My ears would be ever so grateful to hear some English every once in a while so feel free to message me:)

Take care for now.

Dan

DEAR DAN,,

WISH ALL IS WELL ,,

WELCOME TO POLAND ,, IT IS NICE AND QUIET COUNTRY BUT YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY ONE SPEAK ENGLISH FROM THE POLISH CITIZEN,,ALL OF THEM SPEAK POLISH ,,EXCEPT THE PEOPLE WHICH WORK WITH FORIEGN PEOPLE,,

WRITE TO ME WHEN YOU NEED ,, IF YOU WANT ANY INFORMATION OR HELP CONTACT ME ,,

GOOD LUCK

MAGED IBRAHIM

Hi MAGED,

Please can you avoid posting in caps lock, this tend to make your post hard to read. ;)

Thank you,

David.

Don't really know what Maged is talking about, I live in Kato and I know a few other Irish & English people that live here too. Many live Poland for the summer (they work as teachers) but will be returning soon.

Mariacka is usually where we hang out having beer or else we all like to meet up to watch a football match.

I know Jaworzno, it's a nice wee place, although it's prob a bit quiet on the weekends?
Anyway, gimme a PM Dan and we can arrange to meet up for a few pints when the guys return to begin teaching again.

hi dan
witam do polska...as they say.
im tom im from ireland like you im just outside katowice in zory
i been here nearly year at the mo im back in ireland as my dad is sick.
how are you finding it here and have you managed to find work

todiak wrote:

hi dan
witam do polska...as they say.
im tom im from ireland like you im just outside katowice in zory
i been here nearly year at the mo im back in ireland as my dad is sick.
how are you finding it here and have you managed to find work

Howaya Tom, didn't I meet you after that comedy gig in Katowice? Edit....wait, I know you from Facebook Tom ;)

Sorry to hear your Dad's sick, hope he's on the mend. All the best.

Hi there, I live in the city center, but we could meet up and have a chat.
My english is not perfect, but still :)

I live currently in Srodmiescie but I am thinking to move to Murcki but less expats there (you can check the map here katowice news, districts: katowicecity.com/districts-in-katowice/)
From what region in katowice are you?
In the center there are more expats and more easy access to the galeria katowicka, who doesnt love it haha

[img]Wikipedia[img]
Anyway, send me a message if you have time to meet up for a tea :)

Hello Paula_Katowice

Thank you for your participation on this thread!

However please note that the latter has been inactive since 2013! You may not get any response

Regards
Kenjee

Ok :(

Hello im from kenya and will be moving to katowice in a few weeks would like to meet new friends who would want to hang out or show me around. We can have coffee :)