Business opportunity in East Timor

Hello, JasonET.

Are you still living in East Timor? Could you please inform us about the business opportunity in East Timor.

I am an elevator contractor in Jakarta, a few time we have the offering from big contractor from another country : Spain, South Korea, Italian to help them in installing the elevator in East Timor project.

How to estimate the cost : living cost, shipment cost for tools, salary for man power, procedure the foreigner for doing jobs in east timor, permit, etc?

Thanks you, :)

Regards,

Ari

Hello Ari.

A new thread has been created from your message on the East Timor Forum for more visibility and better interaction from the other members.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi, Karen.

Thank you for your supports.

Hoping receive the information about the above subject :)

Many thanks,

Ari

Follow Expat.com on twitter and follow me too :)

I think your link is broken Karen . . . Was having trouble following it.

hi Ari

I too am just getting started in Timor

What industry are you in? Business opportunities vary a lot depending on your background, finances etc.

This Timor Leste directory pretty much sums it up:

Lots of opportunity in construction through government contracts by the looks of it and hotels are becoming a lot more popular but the market is already nearly flooded.

most things are already wrapped up or seem to have somebody making a move on them.

The Expat community do have money though so maybe a bit of market research would reveale something that they are all missing?

Are you in Dili now?