Need information as I will be coming to Libya to live soon.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me or advise me. I'am currently living in the UK, and my husband is going to start a new job in Libya and we was thinking to move over. I currently work as a nanny for a film producer, however Iam qualified to work with children 0-8 years in many fields, i.e nursery nurse, nanny, teachers assitant etc. And I'm fluent in Arabic (tunisian & libyan dialect) as well as english my first language. I was wondering if there would be job oppurtunties for me over in Tripoli or Sabratha working with children and what the pay rates would be, as if I couldnt find a job in Libya I would probably stay here in the UK with my current job.

I would also like to know if i was to import my car what are the laws, as my car has window tints and is an SUV, and someone mentiong that window tints arent allowed. I was also told that to keep my current plates i would need to leave Libya with it every six months and return. Also what is the deal with car insurance.

Thanks in advance xx

Welcome to Libya.

I can not give you any advise on getting a job with the professions you seeking. Come here first and study the market and then decide what you can do about a new job.

Bring Right hand drive to Libya is not a good option, Try not to bring it. Expats find it very difficult driving in Libya, so Having Right Handed Car is just a pile on the agony because all cars here are LHD.

If your car is LHD ,, its ok yes you can bringhere but you will have to get the window tints removed.

Car Insurance is available.

Regards.

Hi, Doctor X, What is the current rates on car insurance and is it required by everyone or do you not need it. I do drive a LHD car already, the window tints are on the back windows and back doors not the front  do they need to be removed still? And is it law I would be expat or is required by all.

Thanks in advance xx

It is a must to have your car insured and rates are cheap here. sure not like the UK. I was there and I know what does it mean to have your car insured in the UK.

You still have to remove all tints otherwise you will pay fine. Are the tints installed by the manufacturer,, If you have a certificate states that they are installed by the manufactuerer then they may accept it.

Libyan Law applies on all, locals and Expats.

It's not the tints I would be concerned about - for an expat importing an SUV you will be liable for anything up tp 60% import tax, based upon the current book price of the vehicle.

Buying a car in Libya is a lot easier for you. It can be sold ofter words!

finding a job is not impossible. You need to contact the right people and as one of the guys suggested above. Visit Libya and study the market. Here is a Tip; look for kinder gardens or English school. Good places to start with. Since you speak that good Arabic your chances are good.