Can you bring pets to Libya?

As we might be getting a posting to Libya my son was wondering if we can bring our cats with us. They have been fixed. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Bill

You can bring pets in, a friend brought a couple of cats. Whether you'd want them to be let loose outside your garden is up to you though....

There's an earlier thread on pets.

You'll need to have all the vaccinations done and certified (with Arabic translation), otherwise you won't be able to export your pets again.

Mudman wrote:

You can bring pets in, a friend brought a couple of cats. Whether you'd want them to be let loose outside your garden is up to you though....

Strongly advise against letting them outside of your garden if you want to see them again. Some 'pest' controlers take their jobs a bit too seriously. Hey Sandman6 are you not supposed to be 'kicking back and relaxing', stop the work and chill mate :D

Clansman wrote:

Hey Sandman6 are you not supposed to be 'kicking back and relaxing', stop the work and chill mate :D

I'm running on holy gasolene dude...just been to watch a movie (if Lagos can have multiplex cinemas, why can't Tripoli) and currently enjoying a cold Gulder and watching the Hammers condemn themselves to relegation :mad:

NOTE: as of approximately 1 April, Libya changed its pet policy.  Airports seem to be aware of this policy, but veterinarians (and possibly some Libyan embassies) were not notified in advance about it.  I learned from a Libyan vet that some pets have been denied airline boarding to come to Libya. Visit my website for updates as they come in.

I'm an expat who lived in Tripoli for 2 years.  While there, I did extensive research on both the import and export requirements for Libya and designed a non-profit website to help other expats find veterinarians and pet supplies in Libya. I imported 4 cats. Yikes!  And took them out with me.  And exported a Libyan rescue dog.  No problems at all.  If you need information or have information to contribute, visit  libya-pet-vet.webs.com