Emotional Consulting

Hello,

This post mostly goes out to the Vietnamese community but could also be open to anybody.

I know that in the Vietnamese culture there are some things that you aren't able to share with many people due to cultural restraints. Are you in a tough situation? Do you have something personal that you would like to share? Do you need advice with something?

I am offering emotional counseling. You will have the chance to meet up with me and share your feelings and problems, ask for advice, or simply if you just need someone to talk to. Everything will be confidential. It also gives you the chance to practice your English.

I have a charge of 150.000 VND/ hour. If interested please send me a private message and we can go from there.

Thank you.

150000 Vnd is a cheap alternative for someone wanting to improve their English but for someone with problems......,

cth wrote:

150000 Vnd is a cheap alternative for someone wanting to improve their English but for someone with problems......,

Wish I could solve my problems for 150000.... Just remember we usually get what we pay for.

Ancientpathos,

But, it only costs 150.000???  Go on, man...

I would be interested in knowing your credentials and previous experience in this field.

Wild_1 wrote:

Ancientpathos,

But, it only costs 150.000???  Go on, man...

Maybe you are right, 150000 sounds like a deal we would all be foolish not to try.  It is only $7.

I will offer a no money back guarentee to solve any problems of the heart. 20 million dong and he or she will be mad in love with you, but only if you send the money to my secret location 3 doors down from the bat cave.

I find Dr. Heineken works quite well for my emotional problems and 4 an hour at 20,000 vnd ea. comes out to slightly over half your cost.

Parmyd wrote:

I find Dr. Heineken works quite well for my emotional problems and 4 an hour at 20,000 vnd ea. comes out to slightly over half your cost.

Saigon green can be had for 10000, forgetting the problem is more fun.

A cheap bottle of wine can be bought for 40,000 VND. Drink it in an hour and you will forget all your problems!!

This post mostly goes out to the Vietnamese community but could also be open to anybody.

I know that in the Vietnamese culture there are some things that you aren't able to share with many people due to cultural restraints.

perhaps people failed to read the "mostly goes out to the vietnamese community" part.

As for credentials I never said I was qualified. I'm merely doing this for experience. Why waste your time and energy on something you're not interested in - just save your comments for someone who cares. Maybe some people are interested in it. Sometimes people just need someone to talk to - whether it's "Dr. Heineken" or me, for 150.000 VND/ hour

What do doctors do when they get sick, treat themselves?

:D Why are you guys corner him? Anyway he didn't offer 'free English practice' !
All of us know that 'nothing is free'!
Dr. Saigon to Dr. Sapporo will take your energy, can't help to solve your problems:-)
Let him live guys:-)

Come on, Charmavietnam, don't let us stop you.  List your symptoms, all of the things that make you think you are crazy...  No worry, the "medicine man" is here.  :D

do you set any limit? too emotional may lead to violent. Im just curious :rolleyes:

mr_monotone wrote:

[large][b]This post mostly goes out to the Vietnamese community but could also be open to anybody.

As for credentials I never said I was qualified. I'm merely doing this for experience. Why waste your time and energy on something you're not interested in - just save your comments for someone who cares. Maybe some people are interested in it. Sometimes people just need someone to talk to - whether it's "Dr. Heineken" or me, for 150.000 VND/ hour

No credentials, not being qualified but merely wanting the experience. If this was flipping hamburgers I never would have posted.  YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO OFFER EMOTIONAL COUNSELING!

So you lack credentials or any qualifications, yet you're happy to influence possibly vulnerable people just for an 'experience'.

The human mind and emotions can have a monumental effect on a person, and any treatment or counselling must be done by a professional who understands the necessary techniques and associated risks.

If you're interested in counselling or mental health, then I suggest you study it and learn about the area before you offer your services. Coming from someone who studied Mental Health Nursing in the UK, having an interest is a million miles away from being capable of offering 'emotional consulting'..

AlexSarah wrote:

So you lack credentials or any qualifications, yet you're happy to influence possibly vulnerable people just for an 'experience'.

The human mind and emotions can have a monumental effect on a person, and any treatment or counselling must be done by a professional who understands the necessary techniques and associated risks.

If you're interested in counselling or mental health, then I suggest you study it and learn about the area before you offer your services. Coming from someone who studied Mental Health Nursing in the UK, having an interest is a million miles away from being capable of offering 'emotional consulting'..

You go girl!!!

mr_monotone wrote:

just save your comments for someone who cares.

So only if I pay you 150,000 an do you care?

Parmyd wrote:

So only if I pay you 150,000 an do you care?

Of course, he will care. 

Will you be cured?

Of course, he will not know.

But, you get to practice your English.  ;)

Is there a moral to this story?

maybe Alex can listen to my problems. She seems more qualified.

khanh44 wrote:

maybe Alex can listen to my problems. She seems more qualified.

Hey if Alex would have been working in that locked ward, I would not have escaped.

Yeah, this is the world of legless who blame toe-less ! Sometimes, unqualified is better than qualified professionals! To get some certificate is not a Herculean task in this world as you know.

AlexSarah wrote:

Don't underestimate "experience". Don't you know that experience is the best teacher? If you have 5 years teaching experience, then you will qualified to get a work permit here even if you do not possess a university degree!

Many professionals cannot cure a simple sickness with their 'techniques', sometimes. It doesn't mean we don't need professionals! Yes, we need well educated, experienced, dedicated and very sincere professionals!

Prem Charma

charmavietnam wrote:

Don't underestimate "experience". Don't you know that experience is the best teacher? If you have 5 years teaching experience, then you will qualified to get a work permit here even if you do not possess a university degree!

I completely agree, experience is priceless. My issue was dealing with emotional or psychological issues is in a different league to teaching. In the UK, you require a degree that has been accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy before you can practice, any amount of experience does not replace this.

If (for example) you teach a student the wrong pronunciation, the consequence is minimal. If you give somebody who is not of sound mind advice that can be misinterpreted, or the therapy you attempt is not successful then it could lead to an array of serious consequences, from self harm to violence etc.

charmavietnam wrote:

Many professionals cannot cure a simple sickness with their 'techniques', sometimes. It doesn't mean we don't need professionals! Yes, we need well educated, experienced, dedicated and very sincere professionals!

Prem Charma

I was also saying we need professionals who are well educated and experienced, hence my issue with the original poster. Recent UK figures showed that Electroconvulsive Therapy (where a trained medical professional induces a controlled brain seizure) has roughly an 82% success rate within one to three weeks of receiving the treatment in treating patients with chronic depression. I'm pretty confident talking to a guy from an online forum would be less effective and take more time ;)

AlexSarah wrote:

I completely agree, experience is priceless. My issue was dealing with emotional or psychological issues is in a different league to teaching. In the UK, you require a degree that has been accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy before you can practice, any amount of experience does not replace this.

If you check op's wordings you can understand that he didn't mean to treat chronic depressants or psychic patients:D
The only word to drag all of your attention is "emotional", right? I am not sure that he type that word intentionally! 

If you give somebody who is not of sound mind advice that can be misinterpreted, or the therapy you attempt is not successful then it could lead to an array of serious consequences, from self harm to violence etc.

Do you think insane people just walk to him for advise?
To solve life problems or mere advise, no need scientific knowledge or FRCP or even Sigmund Freud's great theory! Just watch them with your opened eyes... just try to read their mind from their explanation.

Recent UK figures showed that Electroconvulsive Therapy (where a trained medical professional induces a controlled brain seizure) has roughly an 82% success rate within one to three weeks of receiving the treatment in treating patients with chronic depression. I'm pretty confident talking to a guy from an online forum would be less effective and take more time ;)

Well experienced reputed doctors cannot guarantee a simple Tympanoplasty surgery(most of them says 80% success), so how can it possible in mind matters?:D
Prejudice! That is our fault! Even if he is from online forum, his service may be face to face:D Otherwise how can he understand his customer and get paid ?

Hi mr_monotone!

We can "guide" you on where to promote your services but this thread is now closed for self promotion / advertising is not allowed on the forum.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Closed