Trying to find information on housing

We are possibly going to Libya soon, our son is an early teen. Are there other families in Palm City that have teens? And also how do I found out about other fairly safe areas for dependents? I have tried internet searches on Regatta Village and Oea Camp but cannot find much if anything.  Any help would be great. smile:)

There are places outside the 'camps' that are safe enough and I know of at least 1 person who was burgled in Regatta, so it isn't black & white!

As Mr Mud says, there are PLENTY of options for secure accommodation without living in the confines of a camp or managed estate.

Just use your common sense - look for a villa which isn't too remotely located, has a good external wall, remotely operated access entries, burglar bars fitted to ground floor (at the minimum) doors and windows. Most people employ a gate boy who will answer callers at the villa and do other stuff like washing your car and mowing the lawn.

Having lived in Lagos for many years, security for expats in Tripoli is much less of a concern.

Thanks for the Insight

you can try new apartments also, we are living at Salauddin emirates (buildings) and it is good & safe.

Can any of you give me an idea ok what monthley rentals are.

Thanks again.
Bill

how many rooms? in town or out? pool or no pool ?
figure 3500LYD+ for a 3-4 bedroom house in Janzour with a pool.

And most landlords want 12mths rent up front.

The below website can give you a pretty good idea as to what is available in the way of villas and the cost. The site tends not to be to up to date but when I was looking at houses there where a couple that I went to see that I had seen on the web and the cost was the same. We are going to be living in Palm City, and agree with pretty much all that has been said about the place, small, expensive probably going to be very cliquey but it works for us, no kids not bring any furniture and like the idea of  close the door and disappear for the weekend and not worry about guards ect. 

http://www.libyankey.com/