Tourist visa extension

Howdy folks,

Although I have asked on another thread I decided to start a new one to see if I could get a little more info.  Does anyone know if it is possible to extend a libyan tourist visa.  The original invitation was done through an agency, but they've been an absolute waste of space since that point, so I was wondering if anyone had any helpful information...  Also, is the tourist visa valid from the date of entry or not.

Many thanks folks, and apologies for the lack of question marks, i've busted up my keyboard in a fit of pique... :D

Hi there,

As far as I know,, yes he can get his visa extended. Yes his visa is valid from the date of entry.

Regards.

Hello again,

Well had to check government website to answer your question. according to the general board of tourism regulations. Yes he can extend his visa. I assume his visa is for one month, so he can extend his visa for another 1 month. Either by his direct request or through the agency which served him before. I understand that the agency was not helpful when you asked them this (sorry to hear that) but I think they are obliged to complete their services. Anyway ,he can do it himself.

On his Visa,, for how long he is permitted to stay in Libya?

He got here on the 25th of march, so he's valid til the 23rd of april.  The agency simply don't want to know, so i've been given phone numbers for a few other people.  Thank you for your help tho.

Depends on how long over the visa expiry you want to stay, I understand that there is a daily fine levied for everyday over the expiry date but it is not a large amount I want to say 10 LYD day but would not swear to it

Sprocket wrote:

Depends on how long over the visa expiry you want to stay, I understand that there is a daily fine levied for everyday over the expiry date but it is not a large amount I want to say 10 LYD day but would not swear to it

... or they could throw you in jail if your country is on the bad list.  Just ask Max G.  :/

gabacho wrote:

... or they could throw you in jail if your country is on the bad list.  Just ask Max G.  :/

No Sir, I have not heard of this practice been carried out in Libya. Never. I think you are talking about somewhere else.

Doctor X wrote:
gabacho wrote:

No Sir, I have not heard of this practice been carried out in Libya. Never. I think you are talking about somewhere else.

http://www.tripolipost.com/articledetai … &archive=1

The businessman faces the four-month term, reduced on appeal from an initial 16-month sentence, for having overstayed his visa.

what about the Work permit, how long it will take to get work permit visa, because i have selected to work with Radisson Blu hotel as Restraurant manager, Hotel mention me that it will take two months, but i cannot believ that.

Thanks
Prasanna

gabacho wrote:
Doctor X wrote:
gabacho wrote:

http://www.tripolipost.com/articledetai … &archive=1

The businessman faces the four-month term, reduced on appeal from an initial 16-month sentence, for having overstayed his visa.

Ok,, But your country is not on a bad list ,, so you can relax.

Prasannacater wrote:

what about the Work permit, how long it will take to get work permit visa, because i have selected to work with Radisson Blu hotel as Restraurant manager, Hotel mention me that it will take two months, but i cannot believ that.

Thanks
Prasanna

Take this as an introduction to local efficiency, it's part of your job training for your new position. I'm sure as Restaurant Manager you'll soon have numerous daily opportunities to reflect on how a 2 month wait now seems like instant service!
Congratulations on the job. When you start, can you please try to get them to serve Guinness and Heineken ? It'd be nice to have a choice :)