Looking for room to rent in shared flat/house - Ntinda, Bugolobi

I'm moving to Kampala in November and looking for a room to rent. I'll be here long term but can take a short term rent to test out an area.

Either working near Ntinda, Bugolobi or Muyenga so ideally around one of these areas would be great.

Any rooms going at that time, or advice on best ways to find a flat share before I get out there would be great!

Emily

I have a house in Kisasi. I am looking for somebody to share since I travel a lot in the region and need somebody to take care of it then. It is a bit far from Muyenga but easily accesible to it, I used to travel there 4-5 times a week and previous housemates also worked there. Otherwise it is very centrally located and unlike Muyenga it is close to shops and restaurants.
The house itself is very comfortable, with a nice garden, sat TV, internet, etc.
I want about $400.00 a month, which covers only the services, in exchange for the housemate then being capable and willing to take care of the house during my abscence. This involves mostly feeding dogs and cats and making sure things do not fall apart,

PS. It is a five minute walk fron Ntinda.

Hello VilaVilaKula.

You may post also post an advert in the House share in Kampala section. It might help.

Thanks.

Karen :)

I do have an add there but it has consistantly attracted inappropriate people.

Hi, this sounds really interesting, would be great to find out more (in terms of what the rent costs - services etc - and when you need to fill the room by). You could email me: [email protected]
Thanks!

I am looking for the same . Would you consider a mature volunteer who just want access to the internet, security and a clean secure place,

Susan

Hi Susan,

I also suggest you to post an advert in the section shared accommodation in Kampala. Please specify your request concerning the access to the internet.

Thank you and good luck.

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

No I am looking for somebody who can stay long term.

Hi, I'm sorry to disturb you, but did you find someone? I search the same thing too.^^ I'm a french woman and I will live in Kampala, one or two years.

Marine

Hi - we could offer a room in a little Villa in Ggaba/Kawuku. So if you work in Muyenga this would not be too far.
Otherwise it has got a beautiful lakeview, garden, veranda on the roof, is partly furnished. Once a year we spend our holidays there and every now and then we rent it to friends and acquaintances. So if you or anybody else is interested: all in all there are 3 doulbe bedrooms.
Gotlinde

Hi,

Thank you so much for this message.

I will be in Nakasero. So it seems a little far, but I don't really realise what is the distance in Uganda.

Have you a washing machine? Internet? What's the rent? Do you need a guarentee?

Could I have some pictures please?

One more time, thank you for your email. It's really nice.

Marine

Dear Marine, thanks for such a quick reply. I would love to send you fotos, but do not know how to do this via this blog. So if you would send your E-Mail I could post.
The house has been finished this year and it is not yet perfectly equipped, so there is no TV, no Internet and no washing-machine. But you would have plenty of space and a very kind and lovable lady, who happens to be my sister in law who could take over services (like washing) if you want.
When I go to town I call a boda boda to take me to the main road and board a matatu to taxi park, Central Kampala, all in all something like 10 km.
Rent is absolutely negotiable - we have not rented before.

Gotlinde

Hi Magiriba,
I also need one for a family for short term.Email me [email protected]

Thank you for your interest Robinah, but I do not let the place to short term visitors at the moment. 1 or 2 months are minimum.
Gotlinde

Hi Robinah,

I suggest you to post your request in the Housing in Kampala section please. :)

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everybody,

Please note that for all accomodation offers or demands, it would be nice to post in the Housing in Kampala section. :)

Thank you all for your contribution. :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

( Discussion closed )

Closed