E2 Visa

Hi guys and girls!

I'm sure you've all seen so many questions about the E-2 visa, but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.

I'm a Canadian citizen who wants to come and teach in Korea. I will finish my university degree in December 2013, but I won't actually be given the paper until June 2014. I want to know if I can still get my visa with just a letter from my university stating that I have, in fact, graduated. I'm just waiting for my paper to come in the mail.

I contacted a couple recruiters and someone who previously taught in Korea. One recruiter (Park English) swears they can get me a visa by January, while another recruiter told me I need my paper first. The person I contacted who taught in Korea before couldn't remember exactly, but she's almost completely certain that she got the visa with just a letter. She said she remembers having a Skype conversation with her parents in which they opened her degree from the mail, while she was in Korea.

So I was hoping to reach out to a community who has experience with this kind of thing and hear your stories!

I need to be in Korea by January or February 2014.

Thanks!

Rob

Hi wovaki,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Maximilien,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope I will have the chance to become and active member here!