Moving to Lux from the States

My husband and I are considering a move to Lux for a job.  I would be a stay at home mom with a 4 yr old and 2 yr old.  Is Lux a good place for families, where are the best places to live?  Will being an english only speaker be a big issue?  Is the city easy to get around and how is the weather? 
We have heard that 4 year old must attend ISL - can anyone share thoughts, opinions on this school.

Hi there,
I relocated form UK this year with our 3 kids (12,9,8).
In my opinion....
- Lux is very family-orientated. Very safe, low crime, lots of outdoors to explore plus Germany, France, Belgium are all on the doorstep so plenty of day-tripping to do!
- Being English-only speaker will be an inconvenience but not a show-stopper. A very large %age of the population is ex-pat, so English is the de facto 2nd language for everyone.
- Schools. If you are looking for English-speaking school your options are the International School, The European School or St Georges. Unless your husband works for the EU you can pretty much forget the ES. ISL follows the International Baccalaureate curriculum, which makes it easier if you ever relocate again. St Georges follows the UK curriculum. ISL is the more expensive of the two. We found it a bit imposing and industrial when we visited but I know others who love it. Each to their own I guess. Why have you heard they "must" attend ISL? Personally speaking, at age 4 I would also consider local schooling. State-funded schools are of a high standard here and kids will pick up language very quickly at that age. We took this route when we relocated to Israel and, despite a bumpy start, they were fluent after 18 months.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the input, we have decided to make the move.  the kids will attend ISL, mostly bc the company pays for it!  Are you all finding Lux to be a good place to live thus far with the kids?  Any suggestions on areas to live - we would like to be in he city or as close as possible. Thanks!

[moderated: pls post in the job section.]