Any English speaker in Stockholm?

I just moved here 7 months ago and it's very diffcult to meet new people! I am from Hong Kong originally but I speak English. If anyone would like to have a chat, feel free to reply :)

hi there iam based in London , uk and planning to come to Sweden for work. Please can u share ur experience about the general lifestyle and most importantly the current employment situation, how difficult is it to find a job in Sweden

Can u survive only on English as I do not know Swedish, a language problem.

Without speaking fluent Swedish, it is almost impossible to find a job unless you are some kind of expert in engineering, for example.

However, in my daily life I do not have any issue with talking with the Swedes in English cos they all speak pretty good English or at least they try to speak some English.

Sweden is a lovely place to stay, I love it here - it just takes some time to get used to the weather and the Swedish mentality. :)

I also want to talk to someone pls get back to me on [email protected] so we can link up and have a hearty chat. Have a great day.

hi new in bromma
lets be friends
i do speak good english too.

have you try to learn swedish?

Hi there. I'm from Sweden and would like to just give some comments about Sweden.
Sweden is kind of going through an job crisis right now and it might be hard to find a job but as almost every big city in the world there is always someone looking to hire. So moving or searching for a job in the bigger cities should be easier.

Almost the entire Swedish population understand and speak English.
(the retired generation might have some trouble with English and mostly have a basic understanding of English. Most of them haven't spoken a lot of English in their lives except for a holiday abroad every now and again).

For those of you who aren't used to this our cars drive on the right side of the road which might require some adjustments to your driving, no biggie really.

System bolaget is the only place to by any spirits of any kind. Normal grocery stores sell beer and cider up to 2.5% but if you want something that's stronger you will have to go to System bolaget to buy your beer, wine and liquor. It is very expensive in comparison to most countries in the world but it is also know for having one of the best service in the world as well. For example if they don't have the wine you are looking for in store you can order it to their store if they can get it. Very usefull and you can get a looooooot of different beverages at this place.
It is owned and run by the Swedish government because back in the day we Swedes  consumed incredible amounts of alcohol and they decided it was best for the people if the government started distributing the alcohol instead at a higher price than before and thus slowing down our drinking habits.

Any questions will be answered if possible :) .

/ Johan 19 yo

Hi,
I just moved here from Canada, although I am a u.s. citizen.  I am a mother of two boys and now that school has started, I have lots of time. 
It's only been a month since moving to Stockholm and I would really like to meet new people.  I miss having good friends nearby.
Please reply if you want to meet for a cup of coffee or something.
Michelle

Hi how are you? Here I m who speaks english. If you need ny assistance let me know.

Take care.

farha.:)

Hi farha,

Can you please tell us more about yourself, and some information about how you might help? :)

Regards,

David.

[Moderated: Avoid Copy Paste on the forum.]

Hi Flora,

My messages are not reaching you. reach me at mail2rajeshsp[at]gmail.com

Thanks
Rajesh