STC Jood 2 20 Mbps connection delivered as 7 Mbps

Hi,

I recently upgraded my internet speed from 4 Mbps to 20 Mbps, however, whenever I run a speed test on speedtest website the result shows up as 7.04 (more or less) Mbps.

I have an EchoLife HG520s (I am not sure if this is the router's model. But that is what is written in the product name row in the router CP).

I thought I might need an upgrade to my firmware or to the router as a whole since I heard that the speed might be limited by the router.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[EDIT] The speed is as good as 8-9 Mbps whenever my PC is directly plugged into the router, but that is it. Never goes higher.

Hi Khalid,
The internet throughput speed depends on several aspects from router capability to DSL capability and also its length.
If you are not using STC FTTH service (which brings internet to your home on Optical Fiber) then the maximum speeds that the DSL lines can support is 8-10 Mbps.
Connecting the device on Wifi adds another loss therefore the speeds you are getting is around 7Mbps.

By the way, I am in the same situation, with Jood 2 package and 9 Mpbs given that I am situated right on top of the switch board.

UP TO 20mbps

deal with it ;)

I'd be grateful with the speed that you are getting. Internet providers always use the word "up to", when mentioning speeds, for this very reason.

mjam wrote:

Hi Khalid,
The internet throughput speed depends on several aspects from router capability to DSL capability and also its length.
If you are not using STC FTTH service (which brings internet to your home on Optical Fiber) then the maximum speeds that the DSL lines can support is 8-10 Mbps.
Connecting the device on Wifi adds another loss therefore the speeds you are getting is around 7Mbps.

By the way, I am in the same situation, with Jood 2 package and 9 Mpbs given that I am situated right on top of the switch board.

Thank you for the clarification, I really appreciate it and good to know I am not alone with this.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

UP TO 20mbps

deal with it ;)

hishmaj wrote:

I'd be grateful with the speed that you are getting. Internet providers always use the word "up to", when mentioning speeds, for this very reason.

Well yeah, I usually take care of word play but that is just cheap. I mean at least provide for an approximate speed to that mentioned. Thank you both.

try it at 3am and see what the speed is