Looking for good schools in Adelaide

Hi everyone..im frm chennai n planning my move to adelaide with my kids..can someone help me with good higher secondary school as my son is in 10th std nw and also good area to stay with school near by....thank you

Hello Monica0514.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I've created a new topic from your message on the Adelaide Forum for better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hello Monica0514

Welcome to this forum. Am also from Chennai, now in Adelaide.

With regards to your query, schools begin in January and end in December.  In the Australian school system, there are two types of schools. Both types of school must meet the Australian Government standards.  They are:

(1) Government schools (run by each State and Territory Government Department of Education)
(2) Independent schools (usually have a religious affiliation and are controlled by a school board).

You will have to decide on a school based on where you work / find accommodation.

Here are some links to the schools that are in Adelaide:

adelaidehs.sa.edu.au/
nazareth-catholic.org.au/
cabra.catholic.edu.au/

Hope this gives you an idea.

Best wishes with your move,

~MARK

hi,
I am also move in August end. my son is in 9th std. If any information, please send me.

Thanks a lot karen

Hello Mark,      thanks for the detailed info..if possible plz let me knw in which school most of the indian kids are studyng           Regards

Hi riya,  im stil in research stage...btw u can go through the sites  Mr.Mark had mentioned in his reply

Hello Monica / Riya

It may be difficult for me to pinpoint the schools where Indian children study, but what I have noticed is that there are Indian children in all schools!!

I worked on the admission to my children based on the convenience of where I stay.  School-life here has extra-curricular activities such as sports, outdoor activities etc., as a big part of their activity and hence it makes sense to stay close to a school. 

Trust this helps.

~MARK

Hi Mark,  Thanks again..I also want knw what docs i should carry for admission other than his last report card/TC/Birth cert and if u could tell me abt fees to pay for state/catholic schools, we r on 475 visa          Thank you

Hello Monica

1. Please bring all report cards / certificates etc., including Baptism Certificate etc., 

Schools here do an assessment on the student before deciding on the grade etc.,  The above will help in the evaluation.

2. Fees for schools  vary and are available on the websites of the respective schools.

The key to children settling in school is based on their adaptability with other children etc., From my experience it has been easy and smooth, all thanks to the helpful teachers.

Please go through the following link which will be of use to you:

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/education, … g+a+school

Best wishes

~MARK

Thanks for the details Mark, info is very helpfull

Hi,
Thanks for information.