Places to visit in Paraguay

Hi,

For the ones living in Paraguay, what would you suggest to discover the country?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Paraguay, the tourist sites?

How to visit the country in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days or for a week of holidays in Paraguay?

Thank you in advance for participating. ;)

Julie

Hey,

If youŽre interested in something a little different, you could do what me and my friends do. We go to CERROS like cerro akati, or really any other cerro. And drive up till your car canŽt go anymore, then you hike till you get tired then find a nice open spot to camp out in. ItŽs a challenge but the view makes it worth it!

There are also cute little waterfalls that you can camp close to, and there are also actual camp grounds you can visit like villa florida.

If youŽre more into the tourism, this site is amazing:

klassentours.com/

Good luck!

Stef

for a couple days trip in Paraguay....Encarnacion is a must. It's near the Jesuit Ruins and has Paraguay's newest and most beautiful Costanera with some trendy shops and great sights, plus it's close to Argentina if you're looking to get a bit adventurous.

[Moderated: Inappropriate]

Disagree! :)

I think that there is plenty to do here.

- Sit atop of Planta Alta on a beautiful Paraguayan night under the stars
- Gaze upon the Presidential Palace from across the street at Casa Clari
- Drive out to Aregua and buy some art
- Indulge in a lomito arabe from Bartolo's
- Go to the ballet
- Take in a jazz night
- Make some Paraguayan friends and get invited to a TRUE asado!
- Go see a professional football match (Messi is playing TONIGHT against Paraguay's selects)

There are plenty of things to do in Paraguay. I think that your view is skewed based on what your idea of having fun in a foreign country is, Bob. ;)

Hi Julie,

There are some great suggestions on this thread from FreeRange Joel, Tera and ParaguayService.
I myself am partial to Caacupe and Atyra (the cleanest town in Paraguay) because I have a home there. The views on the road from Caacupe to Paraguari are also stunning. Also, you could head east to the Iguazu falls, and to see Itapua, the largest hydroelectric dam in the world. It depends what your interests are.
Hope this helps,
Mike

Any links to photos of these two places?

Thanks.

S