Places to visit in Nepal

Hi,

For the ones living in Nepal, what would you suggest to discover the country?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Nepal, the tourist sites?

How to visit the country in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Nepal?

Thank you in advance for participating. ;)

Julie

nepal is a beautiful land.wilderness nature , high mountains , budism temple , nice and kind people , surprising city ( pokhara and bakhtapour ) nepal need a great time for visit .

hi
some people are enjoy with trekking and some are tour and adventure activities so it is your choice to visit if you would love to see mountain then you can go for the trek and if you like to see wildlife animal and jungle safari you can visit national park and enjoy with elephant safari.

thanks.

Hello alrounder and behrouzmoghaddasi.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards.

Karen :)

Namaste
  I was wondering what guide/interpreters are paid, I was thinking of a more unique experience than just a tour, someone who could show me some things that aren't necessarily on the usual tourist itinerary
Thanks
Larry

Nepal is famous for its landscapes and mountains and you will be able to find it in any parts of Nepal. Places like Pokhara, Kathmandu, Mustang etc are famous for sightseeing but are as expensive as any developed country.

I would recommend visiting Eastern Nepal which till now remain untouched by the tourist, so everything will be cheaper and you will also get to experience real Nepal.

On top of that Eastern Nepal has lot of other unique experience like Tea garden and also if you wish you can visit India too easily.

Just to break down the cost. To travel to Kanchanjunga Mountain, which is the third highest in the world. I reckon amount of 300 dollars should be more than enough.

Great questions. What I suggest people do is come to Bhaktapur first for the following reasons. It's about the same distance from the airport, but a bit higher elevation so less pollution. They have daily garbage pick up here so it is much cleaner. They do not allow cars into the old city so it's much more quiet. It's a really beautiful, sacred, ancient city.

In my eBook and blog I suggest spending time in each of the four quadrants of the Kathmandu Valley for a few days each. Come to Bhaktapur and see Changunarayan, Nagarkot and Namabuddha. Then go to the Kapon area and the big monastary, Boudhanath, Pashapatinath. Then go down to the Balaju side and see Osho meditation center and hike in the queen's forest, etc. Depending on how much time you have here you can do the same for Pharfing area, etc. My blog is listed here on Expat and this year I got the top blog for Nepal. There are a lot of things that I address in the blog, everything to enrich your Nepal experience from cultural norms to interesting, not-so-touristic things to do.

@ rohitpokharel and FrugalTravels: Thank you for the sharing of information :)

Hey, I am from Nepal. There are more than ample places to visit in here. You can go through this nepali blog for the general wondering.