Places to visit in Yorkshire

Hi,

For the ones living in Yorkshire, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Yorkshire, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Yorkshire?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

I realize this is an old post, but in case your still interested in ideas, I would suggest visiting York, England. You don't need a car as you can easily walk the entire city. Its easily reached by train as well.
The Minster is a beautiful, gothic church and you can climb the 275 steps to the top for amazing views of the entire city.

There are so many pubs and wonderful restaurants and shops. Several museums; really friendly people and something for everyone.

Ive traveled there several times from the states. Ive traveled alone as well as with friends and family. I feel absolutely safe there. 
Its full of history and beauty. Ive met the warmest people there.

Cheers,
Evie

Hello Evie,

Yes of course, we are still interested. This thread can be updated anytime with new information. ;)

Thank you a lot for this sharing of information.  :top:

Priscilla
Expat.com team