Places to visit in Dubai

Hi,

For the ones living in Dubai, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Dubai, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Dubai?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi Julie!
I may not be the right person to answer u as im also looking for some good places to visit this Eid.

Few suggestions if u havnt visited these...
1. Downtown Dubai (Dancing Fountains) and Dubai mall
2. Burj Khalifa
3. Abra or boating or water taxi(Bur Dubai)
4. JBR Walk and Beach
5. Ski Dubai in Mall of the Emirates
6. Atlantis beach

For long trips u can go for:
1. Desert Safari
2. Ferrari world Abu Dhabi
3. Hatta Omman
4. Long drive to Al Ain

Hope it will help...

btw im planing to go to Atlantis and Desert safari this Eid iA... :)

Hi ASad, thanks for the reply! whats there in Al Ain? I am also looking for places to visit. Is it the drive itself to Alain? or is there something to visit there?

Hi QD,
I haven't been there, but my friends went there before Ramadan and according to them its a hill station with some natural beauty :)

-Cheers

Hello Asad_theleo.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards.

Karen :)

Dubai has its own charms, but most of these could be done on any week-end or even week days.  UAE has lots more to offer in Northern and Eastern Emirates, like Fujairah, Khorfakkan, Ras Al Khaimah etc.  The beaches and mountains there, or even at Dibba, are great.  One could do also an Abra ride from Dibba to Musandam, about 2+ hrs ride each way.  On the West side we have of course some of Abudhabi's sights, and Al Ain, the oasis of UAE.  One could tour different parts of UAE, take visitors around up to a week, if you wish.  There is also the Khasab/Musandam overnight tour across the border to the northmost.

Karen,
My pleasure :)

As many important places were already highlighted here by others, I would like to give some information about another place of interest in Dubai. There are many shopping malls in Dubai like The Mall of Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira etc. The City Centre Deira is billed as one of the most visited malls in the world with footfall traffic crossing 21 million a year. It sprawls over 115,000 square meters and houses 370 retail outlets. Their services include VOX multiplex cinemas, Magic Planet leisure zone, Bowling City and 5-star hotel facilities like Pullman, Novotel, and Ibis. Moreover, the City Centre Deira mall offers direct access to the Dubai Metro.
The Mall of Emirates is also equally good place for shopping.