Woo-hoo Florida we are so close

Hi all,

Well my husband got his sponsorship to move over just have to fingers crossed get the visas apporved.  Have an attorney dealing with all that so hopefully there won't be any issues!

So excited and so sad about saying goodbye to family, my mam is heartbroken - anyone else struggle with that, did it get any easier?

I have a million questions but for now just wanted to say hi!:cool:

Hello lee_99.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Feel free to ask your questions ;)

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi,
Thanks Karen!

I guess the thing I'm struggling with is finding a furnished apartment or a store that will give us credit with no history when we get there?

Can't believe this is happening-still in shock:D

Hi Karen,  i am originlly from Dublin, had lived in the UK for years. i moved to Florida last year where in Florida are you moving to?  It's  really difficult to get credit. I was lucky as I had an American Express card back home and was able to get one here without any problems so my credit is a bit better now. Car insurance is really really expensive, for the first 6months my husband paid around $1500 and for this 6 months its reduced to around $1000.  I am not trying to scare you I love it here and it has its + points and its - points. If there is anything you would like to know please ask. Even about shipping everything over. We also had no problem renting an apartment. It was a bit of a nightmare just with the paperwork. I had to send them my pay slips and proof of savings/employment.  I am happy to help seeing as I an still a newbie in he US.