Shops names-did any one notice!

Yesterday I sent the driver to bring me a Sandwitch. He brought me a very good one grilled chicken (Sheesh Tawoog). I asked him what is the name of this resturant or cafetria. He told me no name. I said don't kidding me, he told me did you notice that a lot of shops here don't have names!
Very strange!!!!!!!

ibngabal wrote:

...he told me did you notice that a lot of shops here don't have names!
Very strange!!!!!!!

As the great Bono said:
"I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets shops have no name" ;)

Seriously, there are many reasons but the main reason was a crackdown on unsightly and unlicenced usage of signs. Prior to the crackdown last summer, the facade of most commercial buildings (any available space actually!!) was awash with ugly, vulgar neon signs and every shop competed with the next on the size and brightness of their signs.

Typically without warning, one day last summer, Municipal Guards (aka the gestapo), moved in and dismantled all the unlicenced signs.

you can still erect signs as long as it meets the regulations!! Happy days :):):)

Though the problems in Signs not the Shops....

I remember and Arabic proverb: He is looking to the elephant but he is stabing its shadow:cool:

"Typically without warning, one day last summer, Municipal Guards (aka the gestapo), moved in and dismantled all the unlicenced signs."

They did a commendable work, now it looks neat