Driving in Moldova, help please

Hi everyone,

Can someone help please?

I will be in Moldova for the next 8 months and have 2 questions on driving here.

1. How long am I allowed to drive with my UK driving licence and
   International Driving Permit?

2. Are snow tyres legal all year round?

I would be grateful if someone can advise a government website with the info or any personal knowledge please?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Rapbom,

Please feel free to visit this website: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … d-security , ti might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

You will need to exchange your UK DL in 6 month max. This is in case you become a permanent resident. If you leave the country within 6 month I would not worry at all. Don't let police make you grease their palm. By law you can drive up to 6 month with an International DL.
Regarding tires, as far as I know no one check the tires in summer. Only problem is when the winter season comes the police does check the tires to make sure their are for winter season. 
  If you don't need to travel long distances( up to 10-15km a day), the best way to move around would be a bicycle - just avoid high traffic  road.
Ask anything you have on your mind. I am located in Nisporeni. Will help to the best of my abilities. Cheers.

Many thanks TVDOC, good information

If you become resident in Moldova you have 1 year time to drive with your UK licence. Same thing all over Europe. After you need to change your driving licence into a driving licence from Moldova. I don't know if UK an Moldova have an agreement that allows to convert the driving licence. UK embassy sure can answer. You wrote you will stay 8 months so I don't see any problem. Snow tires are required from 01.11. until 31.03. If you want to drive with snow tires all the year there is no problem in Moldova.

Hi Movileni

Many thanks for your reply.

Regards

R

Hey
I Moldova 9 months and is going to be here a long time
I have an Israeli license International
Want to convert a driver's license Moldova
You have  idea how to do
where?