Diamante Valley

Hello, I'm wondering if there are any 40 something expats living in the Diamante Valley that can tell my about their experience living there. I've visted the area a few times and it is BEAUTIFUL and I'm hoping for a much simpler life but don't want to feel isolated. Also wondering what type of business could I establish that would bring in a little money every month.

Hi JLFL,

Welcome to Expat-Blog ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Diamante Valley is beautiful, but it is definitely isolated. You can either drive to the beach, or drive to San Isidro - but both are some distance away.

I would look at it the same way you might consider a cabin in the mountains - you would need to make a life that has enough comfort and stimulation for you to be happy there. Whether it is having a family, or dogs, or a hobby that utilizes the Valley's unique attributes (like photography), you will need to have something to sustain you or you will most likely move back to somewhere closer to civilization.

For me, I've tried the more remote locations in Costa Rica and I now recognize that I need more stimulation. So I live just outside San Isidro, where I can have privacy when I want it, but can drive into town and get a quart of milk when I need it in 10 minutes. And when I want to go to the Diamante Valley, I go visit a friend who has a house there.

Remember that you are not allowed to work in Costa Rica unless you are a citizen. You could be deported for it.
My suggestion is to learn internet marketing and set up some internet businesses which bring money into your American bank account such as Paypal while you are living in Costa Rica.