CIVIL & STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS PLEASE CONTACT

Dear Friends....

I am Sudhakar Krishnamurthy from Chennai, India. I am a Civil and Structural Design Engineer. I have applied for Green card to Denmark and about to get it soon.

Before I am relocating to Denmark, I would like to know the answers for the following...

1. How Much scope do Civil and Structural Design Engineers have in Denmark to get a job?
2. Is Danish mandatory for Civil and Structural Design Engineers to get a job?
3. If it is difficult to get a job in Denmark, what are the techniques and tactics should I follow to get a job in an easier way?
4. About job market for Civil and Structural Design Engineers?
5. List of Job Agencies that can help to hold a job?

I request all of you to kindly advice me on my doubts and help me to arrive a clear picture before I start to Denmark.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudhakar Krishnamurthy

Hi Sudhakar!

I am a recent civil engineer graduate and i am seeking opportunities in Copenhagen. I hope that given your experience you can perhaps give me some guidance or advice as to how to make my dream possible! I have looked into the Green Card scheme and how engineers fall under the positive list but i was not sure if Civil Engineers fall under that category.

Since it has been a while since you made the above post - how have you progressed so far? :)

Look forward to hear from you

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, Civil Engineers can get Green Card. We are in the positive list.

Green Card requires Post Graduation degree (If it is European Degree, you will get additional points). Minimum working experience and some Cash in Background. Look "newtodenmark" website for clear details.

Regarding opportunities in Denmark, (I got Green Card last year and went Denmark on March  2014...Returned on Jun 17 2014) it is very difficult to get the job.

Cost of living is quiet high in Copenhagen. Your living cost will come upto minimum 3000 DKK per month (food + Accommodation).

Civil Engineers obviously needs Danish language to communicate with workers and it is somewhat difficult to learn Danish language.

I will try to clear your doubts as much as possible.

Kindly get me through facebook id "sudhakar krishnamurthy" - Facebook.com/sudhakartheboss

Thanks and Regards,
K.Sudhakar