Electronic signature

Hi! I'm living in the back of beyond in Tarragona province . This new law which says that ex pats with property back home must register for tax is causing me problems. I haven't yet sold my UK house so I need to register. You are FINED if you don't. To register you first need an "electronic signature".  Has anyone got one of these. My Spanish is pretty good but I was told I must do it online and can't find an application form. Has anyone else done this themselves or is it necessary to go to a gestor??  Any help on how to find the application form would be much  appreciated
RosBentley

Hello RosBentley.

I hope that the members who have faced the same problem or have some knowledge in the matter, will help you to figure this issue out.

Thanks and Good luck

Karen :)

I had problems with this too. At one time I sent an email to my (then) bank asking how I could get an electronic signature and they told me they couldn't reply to my email unless it was signed with an electronic signature!

I live in Alicante, Valencian Community and the community issues an electronic signature which I got from one of the bigger town halls (my own town hall didn't offer the service) They gave me a pendrive which I loaded onto the computer and hey presto.

I bank with Banesto/Santander nowadays and they also offer an electronic signature. I had to go to a branch, prove my identity with the usual mix of NIE/"Residencia"/passport and they gave me some passwords to download the key from their website. It didn't work but that's another story.

Of course the Spaniards just have the electronic DNI so it's easy for them. If only our NIEs were similar to the Spanish nationals cards!

Thank you so much, that's really helpful. I didn't know that the banks could help. I will try la Caixa and see what they say - if nothing else they will be a starting point. I'm very grateful!
Ros