Sharing costs and good company in Nic.

I am possibly interested in sharing costs with someone who is good company. Preferably female as I get along well with women. Perhaps we could get to know each other ahead of time, before we go to Nic. and if we hit it off as friends, split the costs of a decent place in Nic. while we each go out and explore, learn etc. and decide where we might like to live.

I'm sure we could find a nice two bedroom place.  I'll go it alone but would much rather not.  At least for the first 6 months or so.  I figure once our confidence level grows and we both speak reasonable Spanish, we may want to go our own way. Maybe not. Perhaps we end up really good friends and continue to share or live close to each other.

Anyone interested?

Ric from Vancouver, Canada

Hello RicG.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi Karen:  THANK YOU. It's a pleasure and I've enjoyed reading all the posts

Hi Ric,

I'm heading down in October for about 6 months or longer (we'll see how it goes). I already have made my plans but would be happy to meet up for a coffee if we're ever in the same area at the same time.

Are you on FaceBook?

~Kitty

Excellent idea
when are you leaving or are you already there? with luck I will be in Nica around the end of September or October. keep in touch heatherasargent at Hotmail com

Hi Kitty:

Nice to meet you.  I'm still in Canada. I have to work out a few things before I'm free to leave. Probably won't be down there until Jan. 

How are you liking living there so far? Where did you end up?

Thanks
Rick

Hi Heather. Thanks for the reply.  I'll email you at the address you gave. 

Thanks,
Rick

Hey Rick,

I just booked my ticket and will be flying Toronto-Panama-Managua Oct 4th returning (maybe;) April 2nd. I'm going to Granada first to acclimate for a couple weeks, take yoga and Spanish. After I'll head down the street to a tree house community/hostel to live in the forest for a bit. I'm planning on Dec/Jan on Ometepe volunteering on one of the farms so I can be settled over the holidays. At some point I will be up in Leon hiking the volcanoes with one of the trekking companies. Also a school in Diriamba accepted me for an English teaching position (volunteer) and I want to check out some of the beach towns like Popoyo, Poneloya and San Juan del Sur.

I'm sure I'll love it all. I'll be blogging on

~Kitty

Hi Ric, how are you?   Have you found someone to "room" with.  I am going down in Dec. to check things out and then returning  back to the US to finish up with some things. I have a house that needs to be sold but I am working on that.  Let me know what new plans you have come up with.  I speak fluent Spanish (I'm Puerto Rican). 

I am looking so forward to starting new and fresh somewhere close or on the beach.  Where are you looking into going?

I have been in communication with Kitty and hopefully I will get to meet up with her when I get there.

Take care and keep me posted on your happenings.   

Maria