Cashing a paycheck without iqama

Greetings,
I  will be working for a government university as of next month. I was wondering if a paycheck can be cashed while waiting for my iqama. Do you know if universities are ok with handing checks instead of making a direct deposit?
Best!

Not of Direct help...but 2 other points which you need to know :
1. Even if they give you a paycheck or cash , you will need Iqama to remit funds out of KSA.
2. Personally, till I got my Iqama, we had asked our company to transfer funds to our HR admin's account who then withdraw it and gave us over few days as only 5000 SAR can be withdrawn everyday max.

They will pay you in cash, i am teaching at a school and my first month they paid me cash.

That is good to know. Thanks!.

You can present your passport plus the temporary iqama that they will give you while waiting for your iqama if you wish to in cash a paycheck. Although you will need an iqama to remit outside KSA.

I don't know what's the situation now but I wasn't given cash from even my personal account a year ago. They need to see your original iqama. They have written it on the counter. But do try to go with the letter, may be they have changed the rules by now.

Good luck :)

you can ask a friend who has an Iqama to cash the check for you as long as you write a disclaimer at the back of the check that you are handing over the check to your friend's name and your signature along with it.

I did this when I was new here and waiting for my Iqama

Note: you have to go to the Bank the check is issued in.

I had the same issue.
I went to univerity pasport ofice n thy gave me passport.
I went to ncb bank as thy pay chq was of ths bnk.
I presented my pasport. Tempry iqama  n pay chq.
Nd the cashier gve me cash.
Happy times :-p