Going to Bahrain this Holiday

Hi guys.... I am planning to go to Bahrain this coming holiday and i am doing it by land... I just got my car (through financing) and i don't know the processes or documents that I have to prepare aside from the visa...

Any help would be appreciated...

Ronmartz wrote:

Hi guys.... I am planning to go to Bahrain this coming holiday and i am doing it by land... I just got my car (through financing) and i don't know the processes or documents that I have to prepare aside from the visa...

You will have to get a letter from Bank to authorize you to drive the car outside KSA.

Based on the letter you will have to get another letter from Traffic Police which will allow the temporary export of the vehicle.

And the last thing is to get the insurance for your car which covers in Bahrain.

sh3hryar wrote:
Ronmartz wrote:

You will have to get a letter from Bank to authorize you to drive the car outside KSA.

Based on the letter you will have to get another letter from Traffic Police which will allow the temporary export of the vehicle.

And the last thing is to get the insurance for your car which covers in Bahrain.

Wow...i have an idea now. Thanks for the info sh3hyar!

sh3hryar wrote:
Ronmartz wrote:

to make it easier on yourself go to your local Traffic police station, and finish your paper work there. Instead of waiting at the causeway.

Another thing Go to the Causeway before 3pm, because the rush hour  starts around that time.

as for the insurance it is 20 SR that you pay at the last booth in the Causeway, and it is good for a few days.

ahelpfulsaudi wrote:

as for the insurance it is 20 SR that you pay at the last booth in the Causeway, and it is good for a few days.

3 days precisely.

If it does not work for u , u can always rent out the car in Bahrain. We do same. I may Bahrain this Eid Vacation too and would rent out car. Its safer since conditions r not too gr8 in Bahrain and Locals do not like KSA number plate.
Be safe :)