457 VISA

Hello All,

I along with my family are likely to get transferred to Perth shortly from India. I am working in an M.N.C which has an operations in Perth as well. My company has hired Deloitte Australia as an immigration consultant and my application has been lodged on 28th June, 2013. I understand that there have been some legislative changes in 457 visa from 1st July, 2013 now.
I have also provided proof that medium of instruction was in English while studying in school college for consecutive 7 years before I started working..

Can you please tell how much its going to effect my visa process....

Will my application be processed as per previous rules or as per the new ones which came into effect from 1st July,2013.

Shall appreciate your feedback...

Your application should be processed under the old rules but may be subject to further scrutiny to assess it's validity.

Thankyou for the information.

However can you please confirm how much time it takes to process 457 visa. In my case i am about to complete 4 weeks since my application was lodged but havent heard anything yet from DIAC

Could take from 4 weeks to 4 months or longer.

I'm doing 457 visa all the time to hire staff, usually takes 28 days for nomination approval and another 14 days to sort out your visa.

Cheers,
Scott.