Looking for 1 bedroom apartment near Escazu (Budget max 600 USD/mo)

I'll be relocating to Costa Rica this August and I haven't found any apartment yet online.... I plan to stay at a hotel for 2 to three weeks while looking for an apartment but it would be better if I would have a place to go to directly from the airport.

Hi oszelmarc!

Maybe you should try posting an advert in the Costa Rica housing section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

http://www.encuentra24.com/costa-rica-en/classifieds
This is a good place to start. Craigslist isn't bad either.
Good luck

Hi DDTica, Pura Vida! Iam just amazed at your ability to find these web sites, you have really helped me a great deal in regards to my retirement plans. With your insight on all these topics it has helped me to decide on the location and type of residence to embark upon. We will be in CR in Oct. this year to do our due diligence, but my guide has informed me that the weather may not in our favor. We will go to Grecia and Atenas  in the A.M. and proceed to check out the areas as much as possible, weather providing. My hope is that the cost of living will not increase too much more before we get there.

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to help.
October is certainly not shorts and flipflop season. In fact, bring a fleece, especially staying in the central valley. Grey windy days can be surprisingly chilly. For the most part, it is an unpredictable month going from downpour to blistering sun sometimes hourly.
As for housing, you can tell by the site there is a lot. A lot of crap too. You really need to be boots on the ground to know what you want and like. Rents can be high, but I found Atneas to be quite reasonable. Try contacting Andrew Partain at
atenasbestclimate.com/
He seems to have cornered the market there, with lots of listings and he is very good and getting back to you.
Good luck!

[moderated: no free ad. Please post in housing section. Thanks.]

Thank you... Definitely a lot of insight... I have a few options already and will be going for an ocular when I arrive.

oszelmarc

Where you able to find your apartment? How did it go? Let us know.

Hi Rafael,

Yes I was able to fins a very nice apartment just a stone's throw away fro Plaza Tempo and CIMA Hospital.

It's a plus that it is near my workplace and near a lot of establishments.

The folks that helped me were very nice and explained everything to me even though the contract is in Spanish.

I got it for a very reasonable price and is quite happy of the choice.

oszelmarc

I am glad that it worked out. I hope you are having a good time.

Regards,