Ceko, who wants to move to Indonesia

Hello everybody,

my name is Martin and I'm from the Czech Republic. This summer, I went to Indonesia, to meet my czech friend, who was studying at ITB. I fell in love with Indonesia and I hope, that I will be able to move in there after finishing my bachelor studies. I like, how people in there are friendly and easygoing... Oh and I of course enjoyed the fact, that for locals I was really exotic (white skin, blue eyes, long blonde curly hair), so everybody wanted to take photos with me and etc. :D

I hope to find here some friends, who would be able to give me some more info about this nice country and maybe to meet them later in Jakarta :)

Hello Dworza.

Hope you'll make some interesting contacts here on the forum.

Don't forget to keep  us updated on your expat experieces.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hello martin..so hows going for job hunting ?
You want to move to indonesia and in other hand my friend (indonesian) about to move there for work >.<

Hi Martin,
Well enjoy studying and hopefully you'll find a job here afterwards :-)
You can ask us anything about Indonesia and we will be glad to help!

Good day!

@Ochie: well...it sux, to be honest :D There are lot of positions for bule guys in IT business in JKT but on every position at least 5 years of experience on similar position is required :-/ And in addition indonesian headhunters are like dead - they're not even trying to find some position for you...

In these days I'm thinking about refocusing from programming to IT Project Management and Software Engineering..It's much easier to get a job as a Project Manager than just a coding monekey and you also get much more money :D so we will see, if I get some job as a project manager here in the Czech Republic..

@Sophie: Thx...I think I know about Indonesia everything I need...The only thing that can help me now, is to find some suitable job position :D

Yea, its really not easy to find a job in Indonesia if you are not transfered by your company.
Even the Indonesians find it hard to be able to get a position, especially fresh graduates. Or just very inappropriate salary.

Hey Dworza...
Im nazhira... im indonesian..
I like to have friends wid u
Sounds u r funny ;)

Best of luck for you, Martin!
I live in Jakarta and would like to make new friends.
It also sounds amazing that a Czech friend of yours studying in ITB.
If you're already in Jakarta we can meet for casual talk.
Cheers!

@heykei: Thank you :) I'm not in Indonesia, I'm actually in Prague right now :D Nevertheless I'm planing to return in less then 10 months...and maybe I'll stay longer time, if I'll be able to get some proper job :)

if coming to indonesia
or Bandung specially
Don't hesitate contact me
Welcome....!

Hi Yuliantohadi this thread is 2 years old. He never made it here sadly.

Nope..I moved to Germany instead x-) Unfortunately it's really hard to get a job as an expat in Indonesia...  :-/

Mostly people here like to take pics with Bule (foreigner).
I am living in Bandung, also my close friend study hers civil engineering in ITB.
Good luck for your plan.

its OK Luke, Mondainai yo
Nice Job martin
to everyone , welcome
anytime if coming Indonesia ,
Can contact me