Football, 5 a side...just for fun

I'll be there next week. It was fun.

Hey Guys

Yes I agree - it was fun, even I was a little bit disappointed about the people who didn't show up. But since I know that it was not by purpose I'm ok ;)

But I hope next time there is more reliability...because 8 is the absolute minimum of player we need...

However it was realy fun. It was not hot, just windy and unfortunately the wrong team won :rolleyes: but apart from this...haha

Anyway, I suggest to organize our meetings with another doodle poll. I think it's the easiest way for everybody to show whether he is in or not and we do not have to mass this threat. If we are not at least 10 till Friday night everybody is entitled to invite other people on a "first come first serve" base.

For Monday, 02nd September; 2100-2210
doodle.com/3az6c2bed45x2it9

Am glad you guys were not disabled by absenties :D
Unfortunately, I work on evening next monday. Maybe next !

Have fun !

I'm in, done !
Andy

Ok Everybody
We are 8 - that means, you can invite up to 2 people, so that we are finally 10.

Everybody who reads this and havenŽt been involved yet is invited as well ;) Say hello and sign in
doodle.com/3az6c2bed45x2it9

We are playing on Monday, 02nd September from 2100 to 2210 at Pembroke Athletic Sports Club (35.930244,14.488471) near the Radisson Blu Ressort.

wish i can join! :)

Hi

I can't play tonight, working until 9 unfortunately.

thanks

Vincent

cda wrote:

Why not?

vincentma wrote:

Hi

I can't play tonight, working until 9 unfortunately.

thanks

Vincent

Ah, if you want (you don't have to) you can join later. If you are 20 minutes late...well, we will start and you join when you are here ;) As long as we know about it, it shouldn't be a problem...

cda wrote:

Why not?

because am thousand miles away :proud

Hey Guys

It was fun again, but unfortunately one didn't show up. So we had to play 3 vs 4 ;( So please if you vote, than be reliable, otherwise it doesn't make sense to organize this.

However the next match will be on Monday, 09th September from 2100 to 2200 at Pembroke Athletic Sports Club (35.930244,14.488471) near the Radisson Blu Ressort.

Vote if you are in and than be reliable ;) - PLEASE!

doodle.com/cmckgr458yxbxrr3

Btw. hence, we won't be more than 8-10 persons. Feel free to invite people - we should be between 10-12/match.

Hi Guys,
Unfortunately I'm can't make this Monday as I'm away for work.
I'll be there the following week though.
Sam

fsasam wrote:

Hi Guys,
Unfortunately I'm can't make this Monday as I'm away for work.
I'll be there the following week though.
Sam

Ok, don't worry - I think you mentioned a mate who could substitute maybe?! ;)

Unfortunately I have work colleagues on the Island next Monday, but will play for certain the Monday after.

Still waiting to play my first game :rolleyes:

oatssi_iom wrote:

Unfortunately I have work colleagues on the Island next Monday, but will play for certain the Monday after.

Don't worry - next time ;)

What's with the french connection?! Were are you, I haven't heard from you for a long time...

AndS wrote:
oatssi_iom wrote:

What's with the french connection?! Were are you, I haven't heard from you for a long time...

Have we met!?

oatssi_iom wrote:
AndS wrote:
oatssi_iom wrote:

Have we met!?

Uff, sorry you have to forgive me - my English not that good. I meant aixorigin with "french connection"...and unfortunately, we haven't met...but hopefully on Monday in about a week :D

AndS wrote:
oatssi_iom wrote:
AndS wrote:

Have we met!?

Uff, sorry you have to forgive me - my English not that good. I meant aixorigin with "french connection"...and unfortunately, we haven't met...but hopefully on Monday in about a week :D

:D No worries, see you a week on Monday!

q

KölscheJong wrote:

q

??? :P

There is someone ("Lusco") who voted in the wrong Doodle-poll (from last week). I don't know who you are, but you are very wellcome in our group. Just please vote in the right poll for 9th of September. Here the appropriate link:

doodle.com/cmckgr458yxbxrr3

I removed that vote (it would be difficult to play now that game without a time machine) and I voted on the new one.

Hi guys. I'm moving to Malta on 20th September 2013. I'll definitely be up for playing five-a-side when I move over and will be reliable.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread nearer the time to get details if you're still after people to play. 

I've only just registered though-will the site update me when there are replies?

darron wrote:

Hi guys. I'm moving to Malta on 20th September 2013. I'll definitely be up for playing five-a-side when I move over and will be reliable.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread nearer the time to get details if you're still after people to play. 

I've only just registered though-will the site update me when there are replies?

Hey Darron

Of course you are welcome. This forum keeps you not really up to date. It sends you a message if you were here recently but by time not any more. So the best thing is to check this threat in the week between the 16th and 22nd. We will play on Monday the 23rd and you can join if you want ;)

If you click on the subscribe button below the posts the forum send you a notification to your e-mail every time someone posts in this thread.

Hi guys,

Listen I'm really sorry, but I can't do tonight.  Something has come up that is going to keep me away for the pitch for an evening.  If I can get away before the end I'll join you there.  If not, I will be the next week I promise!

Carl.

The next match will be on Monday, 09th September from 2100 to 2200 at Pembroke Athletic Sports Club (35.930244,14.488471) near the Radisson Blu Ressort/Corinthia Hotel.

Vote if you are in and than be reliable ;) - PLEASE!

doodle.com/sstvzmtiasanhbg3 DOODLE_POLL

Btw. hence, we won't be more than 8-10 persons. Feel free to invite people - we should be between 10-12/match.

AndS I think I found from where the misunderstanding with the place comes. On the Doodle poll there is an auto-generated link to Google Maps where it says "Where: Pembroke Athleta Sports Club, Pembroke, Malta", when you click on that link Google points you to the wrong football pitches (1km far or so). Suggestion: On the next Doodle poll if you type instead the coordinates 35.930244,14.488471 on the location field, the auto-generated link to Google Maps will point to the right place.

Lusco wrote:

AndS I think I found from where the misunderstanding with the place comes. On the Doodle poll there is an auto-generated link to Google Maps where it says "Where: Pembroke Athleta Sports Club, Pembroke, Malta", when you click on that link Google points you to the wrong football pitches (1km far or so). Suggestion: On the next Doodle poll if you type instead the coordinates 35.930244,14.488471 on the location field, the auto-generated link to Google Maps will point to the right place.

Thank you very much for this tip. I already replaced the name to the coordinates like you suggested. Now it should work...

Hey Guys
I'm missing a some of you to vote at the doodle poll.

Andrew mentioned a problem with his expat account. It seems that he hasn't solved it. However, I'm pretty sure that he will bin in.

But what's with carl(saphire) - I hope you are in this Monday?!

What's with Vincent? I missed you last Monday, whats with this Monday?!

What's with the two guys who joined us last Monday. You played very very good, so I will be delighted if you join us again - it was fun.

But last but not least - everybody is invited to join us. We are still after some reliable players. If you are interested to do some sports, to move your body a little bit - feel free to join our group.

My new profile chaps since they banned me for doing nothing last time, Andi, appreciate those links again, sorry, lol. See y'all Monday
Cheers
Andy 2

http:// doodle.com/sstvzmtiasanhbg3

Welcome back ;)

Hey Guys

Just to give everyone a reminder:

Today 21oo Pembroke Football Pitches (Google-Maps: 35.929953,14.488583 - near 'Radisson Blu Ressort' and 'Corintha Hotel')

Please come!

I'll be there!

Hi guys, sorry for the late notice but hopefully it will be ok to join you guys tonight?

tomkelly25 wrote:

Hi guys, sorry for the late notice but hopefully it will be ok to join you guys tonight?

Of course you are very welcome.

I've got a few from work who are going to come along tonight if that's ok, so with bartosz and i that should total 4 of us coming... we may finally have enough for a sub or 2 :)

fsasam wrote:

I've got a few from work who are going to come along tonight if that's ok, so with bartosz and i that should total 4 of us coming... we may finally have enough for a sub or 2 :)

PERFECT ;)

Ok guys it was really fun. Unbelivable how many showed up today.

Some of you suggested that it would be a good idea to organize this via a Facebook Group. Well, I think this is a good idea. Hence, I found a Facebook Group called:
'Malta Expat Football Group'

From now on I will manage this through this group. Please join the group and sign in for the very next event on Monday 23rd.

If there are any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to write me a PM or post an entry here.

AndS wrote:

From now on I will manage this through this group. Please join the group and sign in for the very next event on Monday 23rd.

We're not all on Facebook, Andi

MikoHassing wrote:
AndS wrote:

We're not all on Facebook, Andi

Hmm...Well, as you saw, last Monday we were 19 player and just 7 of them came from this forum. So I can't organize it just through this forum. But if you or someone else do not have a facebook account, than of course I have to combine both systems.

For this reason:
- everyone who has the possibility to join the Facebook Group shall do so and sign in through the Facebook Group:

'Malta Expat Football Group'

- everyone who hasn't a Facebook account shall sign in through a doodle poll I will post here under:

http://doodle.com/5r6digsg7u8if664

Great, thanks