Need info regarding pets

Hey everyone, hope everyones doing good :D

I was thinking of keeping a pet like a bird or a dog and I wanted to know if there are any pet stores around here. A friend of mine told me that there is a license you need for keeping a pet around here. If I really do need a license for that where can I get it from?

You do not need a licence to keep a pet in Bahrain but also we strongly recommend that you do NOT buy a pet. Bahrain is a country that has a high level of pet thefts and buying animals only encourages them. There are many ways of getting a pet free in Bahrain through adoption.

1. BSPCA
2. Tony the Dogfather
3. Facebook page - Bahrain pets for adoption

Please also take into account that animals (especially dogs) need a lot of attention and walking - in 50 degree heat this isn't always possible.

PM me if you want further details and I will happily help you

Urgent Help Appeal!!

Dear dog lovers I am appealing here on this page for an urgent help.  I have a 7 months old puppy of a mix breed. I stay in Hoora in building 783.  In our building my neighbor has made a complaint in Hoora Police station as he doesn't like my dog.  The police have now warned us to take the dog away without giving prior notice.  My dog doesn't make noise unless instigated by our neighbor.  He purposely plays loud tracks of music on his music system due to which the puppy gets disturbed.  Despite hia nominal instigated barking other 2 neighbors staying on the same floor have no problems with us or the puppy.  This wicked man only has problem.
I have all the documents of the puppy and he has been properly vaccinated at prescribed intervals. He has also been micro cheaped.  Our family he holds a place of our child.  Please can anybody help me save my baby..

My family and myself urge you all to please extend any possible help to us. :sosad:

Dear try to contact on this fb group link that is for Bahrain Strays (Dogs Rescue)

I have never heard of needing a license to own a dog. I spose you can have the dogs records and papers to prove it is yours but that is about it. I would advise adopting a dog rather than buying due to the reasons given by Josnuggles above with Bahrain having 1000's of stray dogs it is easy to find one. If you want something more official then look at  BSPCA or Tony the Dogfather for adopting one, although I did try and contact Tony a couple of times to adopt but never heard anything back.

Good luck on your search anyway and hope this helps :)