Bayan Gardens School

I have been offered a job at BGS.  Wondering if anybody else has taught there or knows anybody who has taught there?  Or do you have children there or know someone who has children there?

Any info in terms of the administration, how they treat teachers?  What about students, are they well-behaved for the most part, especially in terms of how they deal with their teachers?

I am male BTW, so any specific info for the boys' section will be highly appreciated.

Hi Trapezius,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :D

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Trapezius,
                Are you now working at Bayan Garden School? If so, how has it been for you? Would you recommend the school to someone seeking international type education for their kids?

Regards,

Sorry, I did not accept the job offer.  Have you checked the International Schools Group?  Google for their site, they have several schools in the Eastern province.

I would recommend not to go with any Saudi private school, such BGS.

Many thanks for your feedback. The ISG group of schools require a minimum tuition of about SAR 45K, and I was hoping I could found something competitive to them at a lower price, but that does not seem to be available here in Al Khobar for some reason.

Thanks!

have u found any good and reasonable school in khobar..........plz share ...its a big pblm.....schools are v expensive..

Hello harisali,
                    I have my child enrolled in Little World Int'l School, which I have replied to your post on prior to this one. The school level is good, but not the level I was hoping for. The standard of the school in comparison to the tuition is acceptable.
I have found another school called ISG Dammam, but unfortunately it is not in Al Khobar but in Dammam. Their fees are around SAR 22k but their level of education is similar to the American and British Schools, which charge double this amount.
I am also planning to look at the French school, which I understand offers an English curriculum at a not very high price. Don't know what their fee structure is yet unfortunately.
If you would like an Indian style curriculum, there is a school called Dunes International School located on the road right before the Holiday in Al Khobar (Not the Corniche Hotel, the other one). Last time I checked, their fees were around SAR 11-14K per year.
If you would like any further assistance, please let me know.

Best Regards,

ok thanks a lot for sharing your info ...plz also share the fee structure of little world school primary level classes.

hi
I just read ur details about fees and also the address of the school in the other thread....thanks

Hi Harisali,
                   No problem! Although, please note that Little World only offers KG education, they have a sister school called New World Int'l School which offers primary education as well.
This school is located in Qortuba Area, if you follow King Fahd highway in the direction of Al Khobar, turn right 2 streets after the BMW Showroom, in this street you will find "Al Khaleej Training Institute" and a couple of buildings after it you will find "New World Int'l School"

Best Regards,

Hello everyone
I'm also interested in this subject
We are a Spanish Italian family living in Riyadh and moving to al Khobar in June
I also was looking for international schoolfor my 3 kids with an English curriculum and a reasonable fee range as we have to pay it
Obviously with 4 kids and at the moment 3 going to school if I take them to Bizak or American school it would be more than 150000 sar which is not worth it in KSA for what they teach
Obviously I want my kids to be comfortable and have a good environment and not feel misplaced as you can understand as not many expats in The other schools
I visit al Khobar two weeks ago went to orbit and to new world! The fees are around 17000 so it's fine and they teach 3 languages English Arabic and French something that for 46000 sar at the big schools you don't get now again I don't know how the results are or how professional the teachers are and if it's better or worse that the other schools
I just want a fairly good school where my kids will feel confortable and learn as much as they can and have a nice environment
So if anybody know more than me please share
By the way the new school has vacation as saudi system and the orbit like Europe so Christmas holidays
Thanks
Monica

Dear Monica,
                       My child is now completing his second term at little world int'l school which is a sister school to new world for KG only levels. The level of the school and teachers I would give 6 out of 10 if you want to compare it with the standards of BISAK and American School.

I have heard that Orbit School is a bit better than New World, but have not seen this school personally.

If you want my honest opinion, I don't think your children will be happy at new world, but if you have no other choice, then it will do the job. The curriculum, in my view is hard, for example my son is completing KG2 and he is taking things which I feel should be taught at Grade 2!!

e.g. difficult words and righting full sentences! Is this what KG2 should take??

I advise you to register and guarantee a place for your child ASAP, places are very limited in schools here in Al Khobar. I think maybe you should also check the French School? I heard it was good as well but have not gone there personally.

The most important advice I can give you is that you have to ACT NOW to guarantee a place for your child in the school of your choice, otherwise he will not have a place!!

I would also appreciate it if you can give me feedback on what was your final decision, and which school your kids will go.

Best Regards,

why you didn't accept the job offer. Any issues with that school because I would like to know

Hi puja susan,

Please note that this thread is outdated here :(

Feel free to create a new topic or even to participate in the recent thread on Khobar Forum :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

hi,
are you working in BGS now?please share ur experience?