Family reunion visa.. can any filipina here help me?

halo alle sammen

can anyone here give me some info bout family reunion visa?
my husband and i first planned to apply for d-visa and family reunion visa but just found out yesterday that theres no d-visa anymore effective july 15,2013

but good thing is that family reunion visa will be processed here not in UDI(if theres no red flag) and maximum of 2 weeks processing.

just wanna know guys if how long did you wait for the visa to be granted?
since we cant see any problem
my husband has a regular job,salary that is above to what is required on embassy and own house in aremark

were just waiting for the releasing of my new passport (changed status) then we will start on setting appointment.

patience is a virtue but we really want to be reunited soon.
dont want to wait for more than 2 months just to be with each other.

salamat :)

Wish you all the best !!!!!

thanks

Hi,did you find out about the D visa on the UDI website? I looked for something about that and cant find,Do you mean family reunion visa or fiance visa? Just started looking and not sure of the differences yet.Best of luck to you also:)

hi missus T

we found out that theres no d-visa anymore.
we got married here in philippines so we ave to apply for family reunion visa/spouse visa.

dont know bout fiancee visa.

are you a filipina?

Hei,no I am from Us,but the visa issues catch my attention...sorry for that,and good thoughts to you.Thankyou:)

thanks missus t

hi mam, about sa post mo po.. tanong ko lang if naka kuha kana po ng visa going to norway? i also have same status.. was also married to norwegian, dito po  kami kinasal at gusto nya po bumalik ng norway kasama ako at baby namin.. kasu yong visa ko ang di ko pa alam kong pano.. na mention mo din po about sa salary or financial status.. yong husband ko po kasi not working na because he is disable dahil sa car accident back in norway kaya ang source of income nya nalang eh pension.. sa palagay mo po ba may chance pa na maka kuha ako ng visa?.. thanks po.. God Bless!

[Moderated: off topic]

hello,
dito na ko norway nung sep. 23 na approved residence visa ko a week after ko ipasa yung application.
binigay nmin payslips,employment contract, copy ng title ng bahay.
sav ng asawa ko pag case daw katulad sa inyo medyo matagalan,pero may anak nmn kau kaya may possibilty, i forward ng embassy yan sa UDI. yung samin kasi embassy na ng manila nag process.
pero pde yan ma approved 6 months nga lng waiting nyo pag UDI,dont forget to give them copy of your wedding pictures and pictures together. gawa ka album kahit bond paper lng.

Hi yhang,

You should know that this is an English Forum and it would be really great if you can keep it in English, so as the other members can understand your post and maybe to participate please :/

Thank you

Maximilien

You only had to wait one week?!?!?! Holy ssshhh*****!!! THat's amazing!! I applied for a residence permit at the Norwegian Embassy in Manila last week and they told me it will take about 2-4 months.

Did they say the same to you? I handed in all documents and I'm pretty confident about my application. I'm just really eager to spend Christmas with my husband this year so I'm really anxious about getting it approved before the year ends.

[Moderated: off topic]

sam_hf wrote:

You only had to wait one week?!?!?! Holy ssshhh*****!!! THat's amazing!! I applied for a residence permit in the Norwegian Embassy in Manila last week and they told me it will take about 2-4 months.

Did they say the same to you? I handed in all documents and I'm pretty confident about my application. I'm just really eager to spend Christmas with my husband this year so I'm really anxious about getting it approved before the year ends.

It really depends. Some of my friends got approved for only a week, some are 2 and 3 weeks. I got mine for 6 weeks.

Hi yhang! May I ask you one thing? Is the contract of your husband that you submitted a temporary contract or a permanent contract? I am also planning to apply for family reunification visa this august but my husband has only two years of contract from his employer/company. I'm quite worried with this one.

hi, i think it will not matter. My friend got only a year for contract, but it is renewable and he got his family here. As the requirements says that you need a 3 month payslip of your sponsor to show that his salary is enough to support a family.

i hope so. Thank you very much! :D

Hi.. I would be applying for a family reunification next month. In Norwegian embassy in Manila.I am quite unsure of their checklists because as one mentioned, i have to bring wedding pix-which is not on the checklist. What are the other requirements not mentioned there? Also, Im quite confused of the marriage certificate. Will the nso copy i will submit, need to be red ribboned? And the passport copy i have to submit, will it be all pages including unused ones? How long before they release the visa?   My husband is also a filipino who has a residence permit for skilled worker in norway. Income is above of what is required. PLEASE HELP...i dont want to go there with missing requirements.. Manila is very far

DeeRose wrote:

Hi.. I would be applying for a family reunification next month. In Norwegian embassy in Manila.I am quite unsure of their checklists because as one mentioned her, i have to bring wedding pix-which is not on the checklist. What are the other requirements not mentioned there? Also, Im quite confused of the marriage certificate. Will the nso copy i will submit, need to be red ribboned? And the passport copy i have to submit, will it be all pages including unused ones? How long before they release the visa?   My husband is also a filipino who has a residence permit for skilled worker in norway. Income is above of what is required. PLEASE HELP...

* wedding pics are just to be presented just to prove that your marriage with your spouse is not that of convenience.
* NSO copy of marriage cert will do, just bring in the receipt of that copy to prove that it is not forged.
* as per the checklist, you are only required to submit the used pages of the passport.
* the processing time is quick, the family of a friend of mine received it after 2 weeks.

Tnx so much PEPPONESKIE.... appreciate your shedding some light with my queries... :)

Needto askif it is required to buy a return ticket to philippines if the family reunification visa is approved?im thinking of buying 1 way only. Its way to expensive to buy the roundtrip ticket. And if my visa is approved i would go to norway with my husband coz he will come home to fetch me.

For temporary contracts, they usually look for a clause that says 'with possibilities for an extension' or 'with possibilities for permanency'... my husband had a temporary contract but I was able to get the fiance visa without any problems. Since they've started processing these kinds of visas at the Manila Embassy, it doesn't take too long to receive a decision. I got mine within 2 weeks, given that all your papers are in order. What usually takes long is if there are missing documents or if there's anything questionable in the documents submitted (like missing content/information).

Needto askif it is required to buy a return ticket to philippines if the family reunification visa is approved?im thinking of buying 1 way only. Its way to expensive to buy the roundtrip ticket. And if my visa is approved i would go to norway with my husband coz he will come home to fetch me.

Hi DeeRose... you just need to get a one-way ticket if your visa has been approved... unless you have plans of going home for the holidays or whatever other reason. :)

pepponeskie wrote:
DeeRose wrote:

Hi.. I would be applying for a family reunification next month. In Norwegian embassy in Manila.I am quite unsure of their checklists because as one mentioned her, i have to bring wedding pix-which is not on the checklist. What are the other requirements not mentioned there? Also, Im quite confused of the marriage certificate. Will the nso copy i will submit, need to be red ribboned? And the passport copy i have to submit, will it be all pages including unused ones? How long before they release the visa?   My husband is also a filipino who has a residence permit for skilled worker in norway. Income is above of what is required. PLEASE HELP...

* wedding pics are just to be presented just to prove that your marriage with your spouse is not that of convenience.
* NSO copy of marriage cert will do, just bring in the receipt of that copy to prove that it is not forged.
* as per the checklist, you are only required to submit the used pages of the passport.
* the processing time is quick, the family of a friend of mine received it after 2 weeks.

Hello... just to be on the safe side, have all your government-issued documents (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc) authenticated by DFA (the red ribbon). As per UDI, foreign documents need to be authenticated by a governing body to prove that it isn't forged. Also, if I am not mistaken, once your certificates/documents are authenticated by DFA, you will need to go to the Norwegian Embassy to have it verified (all of this needs to be done before you submit all your documents, at least 1 day before your scheduled appointment). The verification is just a stamp that they place at the back of your documents. All of this should be available at the Norwegian Embassy website for the Philippines. :)

Hi.. I got my visa thos week. Took me less than 3 weeks from my day of application.

hello everyone,

I am here in norway for a schengen visa (visiting my fiance). We are suppose to get married here but we fail to get my documents stamped by DFA (for red ribbon). So, we decided to get married in the philippines this sept after my visa expires. Our concern is, do we have to wait for the NSO secpa marriage cert before i can apply for d-visa/family reunion visa? i have read somewhere that MC  would take few months for the release from NSO.  I have emailed royal norwegian embassy manila regarding my concerns about marriage in the philippines and im greatful that they send me a concrete procedure on getting married, and this is a part of their email:

NOTE:
After the wedding has taken place, the parties are requested to register their marriage with the Norwegian authorities (Skatteetaten) at their place of residence in Norway.  If the Norwegian has registered residence abroad with the local Population Registry (DSF), the certificate should be sent to Skatteetaten, Postboks 9200 Grønland, N-0134 Oslo.

Requirement:
Marriage certificate issued by the Philippine authority has to be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Manila.  Authenticated marriage certificate should then be brought to the Embassy or Consulate for authentication of signature of DFA authentication officer.  Fee is PHP 1.600.

They didn't mention about NSO so im confused this time if they dont need my marriage cert from NSO since they will do the authentication. :/

My other problem is i am here in norway for schengen and will apply for d visa after marriage. I dont know how long it would take for the process, will they consider my last visit for counting days before I can come back here. Coz the general rule in schengen is you are not allowed to go back right away, wait for 3 months in the philippines before i can come back again. This is my 2nd visit by the way.

I hope someone out there could answer. thankssssss :)

i am happy reading other stories here that some of you just waited few weeks then its granted. well, i have different case. I am not sure if they will disregard my last visit here.

wendystar wrote:

hello everyone,

Requirement:
Marriage certificate issued by the Philippine authority has to be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Manila.  Authenticated marriage certificate should then be brought to the Embassy or Consulate for authentication of signature of DFA authentication officer.  Fee is PHP 1.600.

They didn't mention about NSO so im confused this time if they dont need my marriage cert from NSO since they will do the authentication. :/

My other problem is i am here in norway for schengen and will apply for d visa after marriage. I dont know how long it would take for the process, will they consider my last visit for counting days before I can come back here. Coz the general rule in schengen is you are not allowed to go back right away, wait for 3 months in the philippines before i can come back again. This is my 2nd visit by the way.

I hope someone out there could answer. thankssssss :)

Hi.. I hope i can answer your question regarding nso. U need the nso MC bfore you can get it red ribboned. Because the dfa would only red ribbon the nso MC. And before that you have to ask for a form there in the Local Civil Registrar to have it red ribboned (you must have the nso copy already). I think its called form 1-A. When you already have the certification from lcr(usually its 2 days), you can have it red ribboned.

Anyway the nso  MC would normally take 6 months to be released. But you can go to the Local civil registry after your marriage and ask for "advance endorsement". You can have the nso copy in 2 months.

Hope i helped

Hi. I just want to ask if you go to the norwegian embassy a day before your schedule to submit the requirements? they said all documents must be verified first by the embassy before submission. Thanks

Hi Wendy,

Have a blessed day!

I read your post. I just want to share my idea based on my experience and knowledge. With regards to your question:

1. Marriage Certificate- Right after the civil marriage- you can register your marriage direct to the Nearest NSO office, all you need to do is ask an electronic endorsement from the civil registrar or the same place where you process your marriage. This can be done in the same day, it depends on how you say and ask the in charge person. Once you have an  electronic endorsement you can go direct to nearest NSO office and they will process it 1-2 weeks. Based on my experience, I got a copy of my NSO marriage certificate 1 week after my civil marriage. (Once you received  NSO Marriage Certificate that means it's completely registered ).Once you have the NSO Marriage certificate you can go directly to  DFA Manila ( near MOA) and have it legalized( aka" Red ribbon"). Expedite- 1 working day (200PHP /document) and Normal - 3 days ( 100PHP/document). DHL- it will take 10-15 working days, or you can ask directly DHL.

Note: All documents from NSO are already authenticated.There are times print out documents from NSO are not very clear, so you need to have a back up copy of your marriage certificate the one issued / provided to you by the Civil Registrar ( the document where we signed during the marriage).

Once you received the Red ribbon from DFA, Go directly to the Royal Norwegian Embassy 21st floor consular office and have it legalized (AKA" apostille stamp") and pay 1600PHP. You only need to wait few hours. Go there in the morning because the releasing time is 1pm or 2pm.

( Note: The reason why you have an apostille stamp from  Manila Norwegian Embassy Manila because once your partner register the marriage in Norway they will look for red ribbon and stamp coming for the Norwegian Embassy in Manila. However if you will process your spousal visa or D visa. No need for the Royal Norwegian Stamp, Red ribbon is acceptable. But it's more better if you can just provide the one with the stamp of the Royal Norwegian . You can process a visa even if it's not yet registered in Norway.

2. D visa

I understand that your first visit in Norway was using a schengen visa ( aka " tourist visa " ). Before you can re apply for same visa there is a quarantine period of 3 months waiting before you can re apply schengen visa. But take note D visa is different from Schengen visa though it's same process and requirement for tourist visa.

D- visa is recommended when you apply for spousal visa in the Royal  Norwegian Embassy manila and your case is forwarded in UDI ( most of the spousal visa are only processed in Manila, but if the case is difficult that's the time that embassy in manila will forward it to UDI) and from their you can apply D- visa. But as what the officer said D- visa are less chances of approval because once your case is forwarded in UDI there's some difficult situation in your case the only UDI can process.

Spousal visa ( processed in Royal Norwegian Embassy Manila takes 1-4 months , case to case basis however sometimes you will get an approval less than 3 weeks likes my situation. I apply for spousal visa July,2014 second week and I got an approval the last day of July 2014.

But with regards to your question, yes you can apply anytime for D- visa there's no quarantine period only " Schengen visa has a 3 months quarantine period".

My answer is based on my experience and factual knowledge.

God bless!!!!!

hi good people,,,,thank you for all the advice,,,can i get a D visa before my marriage is registered in norway,(we already applied for registration last week)whats the probability of getting the D visa after 3 months of spouse visa application,,all family visas from my country are forwarded to the UDI for processing

Here in Philippines you can apply for D- visa and spousal visa even if the marriage is not yet registered in Norway or still ongoing registration.

thank you,,the norwegian embassy said so too,,so i wil ltake my chances and i will post back what they tell me

Hello everyone/ hallo alle sammen..

God dag! Can anyone help me about my big problem..im married with norwegian man almost 3 years..i am a filipina.my problem is we travel both together with my husband here in philippines  last may 31,2014. We had vacation..then again when we was in norway i applied already my residence permit last april 2014. In udi in norway Because my visa  will be expired on june 4,2014. We got already ticket because its my brother's wedding..because last when i renewed my visa it tooks only 2 weeks since i got my visa..so for us we think its so fast..the udi they are postive that i can get my visa before we travel to philippines..but my visa not come..so we just travelled me and my husband..my husband he back in norway last july 2,2014 and im here in philippines waiting my visa until now..im almost 3mons here in philippines..and im so really worried because about my worked i need to back because i am regular worker..my husband alwasy call udi but they said they priority my visa now..can i apply for the d-visa? Please help some ideas here..thanks you so much and god bless..

Hi Ghang ghang ,

I would recommend you need to contact the Royal Norwegian Embassy and ask for their recommendation regarding your case. Yes, you can apply for Entry visa however for Entry Visa-it's the UDI who process the visa based on what i read in the Phil Norwegian Embassy Website and when i asked the visa officer.

Call them immediately. You can only call the visa section Monday- Friday 1pm-3pm.

Thanks

Hello to all my Fellow Filipinas,

Me and my boyfriend been together for 8 months and we meet only once.. and we decided to get married in december here in Philippines.. Is there possible that i can get a family reuni quickly?? can u help me what to do.. Thanks..

Hi There :)

You can have your MC applied thru Electronic Application. The Civil Registrar should know it. It is the fastest way to get your MC authenticated by NSO. All documents that are subject for DFA red ribbon must be issued from NSO (birth certificate/MC/Death certificate etc.) I got my MC from NSO in 2 weeks tops :D u just need to pay extra for Electronic though but it is the fastest.

dtc wrote:

..... my husband had a temporary contract but I was able to get the fiance visa without any problems. Since they've started processing these kinds of visas at the Manila Embassy, it doesn't take too long to receive a decision. I got mine within 2 weeks, given that all your papers are in order. ......

hi dtc.. you got ur fiancée visa only after 2 weeks?? this is fiancée visa and not family reunification, right??

i know the embassy in manila decides for family reunification permit, but not fiancée visa.. its still submitted to UDI, and could take at least 9 months...

i really wish to know if this is true.. coz iv read a lot of threads here, and a lot had posted that they had been waiting for months.. :( when did u apply for fiancé visa? and when did u get approved??

thanks and all the best :)

yes some of my friends here now in norway its only 2 weeks since she will file a fiancee visa .she is not watitng too long,thtas true the other are taken on ly 2 weeks it depends .

Hello everyone!!!

I am Cristine  , I just want to ask.if there is one of us here , applied for family Family reunification, and not yet nso marriage contract , because I am married a Norwegian , and we applied , and they says 15days and I will have email from them , but it's more than a month now , still I don't got any mail or text message from them , and we don't have any red ribbon yet , because I am waiting the nso marriage contract , to coming out into the civil registrar , and they accept my original copy of my marriage contract , but they let me sign into the papers that not yet nso , is there anyone can give me some opinion of my papers please .
Thanks and God bless:)